The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Use Your TSC Anniversary Brush

Well I had plans to do a video today. That did not go as planned. Sadly my phone but the dust this morning. I have had it for 4 years and have enjoyed not having a phone payment. But it literally died. I did have a warranty on it through Google Fi who is my cell provider. So I got a good deal on a new phone, and thankfully the newer one has expandable memory again. Why did they ever go away from that? They actually think that is what ultimately killed my phone. So I am using an older phone that we keep as a back up. The new one is due to arrive on Thursday. So I will record tomorrow morning. But before the phone went the way of the dodo I did get a picture and it backed up to my Google Photos so I do have that to show.

Good thing I’ve been avoiding this thread the last couple of days.... you guys just couldn’t keep the spoilers to yourselves!

Mine just came like 10 minutes ago. I could not be happier with my brush. So unique and full of character, just like me. I really did get the best one! Thank you so much @Smattayu and also to the Cadre owners for organizing this and all the extra that went with it!

I love that little knot/eye in the grain of the wood.... so awesome!

Can anyone guess which blank their brush came from? I tried but I have no idea which one is mine. They all turned out amazing!
Totally a guess but perhaps back row all the way to the right could have been mine judging from the grain pattern and edge of the wood if it carried thru while turning it down

Last edited:
Wanted to thank the three musketeers for all the extra goodies we got with the brushes. Pretty cool way to honor the growth of the whole group.

My package arrived Friday and I used the brush for yesterday's shave. The brush looks great! The Timberwolf knot performed excellently. I really like the shape and feel of the brush in my hand! Excellent job @Smattayu aka Eric!!
Thanks to @Mystic Water @LNHC Cherry City, Stirling @CBLSoap.com for making the package and opening of it even more of a surprise. Thanks to @Cvargo @CBLindsay and @HandleBarberDave for making this happen!

1st shave with the 1st Anniversary Brush:

Back