The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Update on Sue, from Honeybee Soaps

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Hey guys,

I've been emailing Sue from Honeybee soaps, just chewing the fat and such. She says that she has been wanting to get on the forum to give you guys an update, but she hasn't been feeling well and hasn't found the time. She said it was ok for me to give you all a quick update on her, and post on her behalf.

Basically, her health has not been good for a while now. She has been seeing doctors and having various exams and tests done. They found some precancerous cells and want to get that taken care of before it gets any worse. Along with some other issues, she is needing to have 2 (possibly 3) surgeries done over the next couple months.

Her web store will remain open for about a month, then she will be closing it while she is in the hospital and recovering from surgery. So if anyone plans on ordering anything form her, I'd recommend doing it soon.

Reminder, Sue doesn't just have shaving soap. I'm also a fan of her Shea Butter Bath Soaps and her Gentlemen's Colognes. The bath soaps are available in all the same scents as her shaving soap (plus others). I am almost out of her bath soap and plan on stocking back up on it very soon.

Shaving Soaps: http://www.honeybeesoaps.net/catalog.php/HoneybeeSoaps/ct22125/Shaving_Soap
Bath Soap: http://www.honeybeesoaps.net/catalog.php/HoneybeeSoaps/ct23564/Bath_Soaps
Cologne: http://www.honeybeesoaps.net/catalog.php/HoneybeeSoaps/ct28514/Gentlemen_s_Cologne
Fragrance Descriptions: http://www.honeybeesoaps.net/catalog.php/HoneybeeSoaps/pg16950

Thanks guys, and wishing Sue a speedy recovery!

Oh man, that’s rough to hear! Send along our well wishes to her!

Thank you so much for the update. Prayers and positive thoughts being sent out for Sue!

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I just got the call this morning to schedule another test which will determine if I need a third surgery.I never thought I'd see the day when I would actually look forward to surgeries but I so want to get all this over with and hopefully feel better.

I will put notices on my website and ebay store when I have to shut down. I'm hoping for a quick recovery, but I'm told it's a week in the hospital and possibly 3-5 weeks at home. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later, but I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

Thank you all again for your thoughtfulness.

Sue

Thanks for checking in Sue! Prayers for a successful operation and speedy recovery!

Ok, we have an update...the week from hell is finally over. Yesterday I had my pre-op consultation which took about 3 hours and they sent me home with a shopping bag full of nutrition drinks that I have to have in the week before the surgery and a long list of instructions.

Today, I had an endoscopic ultrasound with attached needle to determine if the cyst on my pancreas has precancerous cells. The doctor tells me we should have the lab results in a week. So before I contemplate a possible additional surgery, I have to get through Oct. 11 first for the colon resection and umbilical hernia repair.

I've determined that I will have to close down my Ebay store and website on Sunday, Oct. 7 and hopefully can reopen at the end of October.

KJ. I empathize with you about soreness. My throat is raw and sore from the procedure today, but hopefully it won't last long.

Sue

Glad there is some progress and work towards getting you better.

I was wondering when you were going to close down. I’ve been shopping, just haven’t placed my order yet. Will do that soon.

Thanks for the update.

Glad there is forward movement Sue! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

Doug beat me to it! But I got my order in as well. Looking forward to some more bath soaps. Bet y’all can’t wait to see what I’ve got coming in......

Back