The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

MAIL CALL!
Three watches IMHO have attained Legendary Status, and will always be on the edge of Mythical.

1 The Omega SpeedMaster Moon Watch ( original Hesalite Crystal and Self Wound)
2, The Seiko Monster Dive Watch ( all iterations )
3. The Hamilton Pulsar.

It is the 3rd one that holds dear to my heart. On My 6th 1970 Hamilton came out with something revolutionary. A digital LED display watch, that with a push of a button the screen would light up and show the time and seconds. It was a statement for the times. Mt Dad being a Tech, Space, watch Nerd ( wonder where I got that from ) camped in line at Fredrick Fischer Jewelers to get one of the 1st of them, in gold. I remember my dad getting home after literally taking the day off and coming home impatiently waiting to show my mom and myself.. Mom took one look and said wow,..... what do you guys want for dinner, much to my fathers dismay. So I was his next victim. I was mesmerized that something on the wrist could light up to tell time. "Neat Dad" . and off I went to play..... When I came back there he was polishing it and pressing the side button over and over again.

This was the beginning of the quartz revolution, and by today's standards it is so basic and you can get something that does the same thing for about 10.00 at Walmart.. However the Nostalgia for me and the unique case design of a 70's TV screen and the "Space 1999 Vibe" the Pulsar gave our was awesome, and here Hamilton does it again with the PSR. still led, but now with an OLED screen to make the numbers smooth, but with a push of a button they brightened and go to a dot LED number just like the original. This original was in red LED ( as that is all that was avail ) and this one is the "Matrix Model" in Green.

Funny how little things can bring back such great family memories,

09.16.2024 Hamilton PSR.jpg

Those old digital watched were so neat! Mine got horrible “battery milage” because I kept looking at the time, all the time. I think mine was a Sinclair.

Back