The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

On The Wrist Today. J Brackett /Imperia.
8b11353d773f473e06043aa61f7fef9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now saw where Seiko came out with the SPB151 which is a reincarnation of the "Willard" 6105. If you're not familiar, "Captain Willard" is Martin Sheen's character in the movie Apocalypse Now and he wore a Seiko 6105 in the movie. Seiko addict that I am, I've always lusted for one, but the $4K and above price tag on the original 70's issue watches kept them out of my grasp. Even the first reincarnation, the SLA033 being a limited edition was unattainable. Now, with the mass-produced SPB151, I just might be able to finally get one!!

Seiko-Prospex-SPB151J1004.jpg

Just now saw where Seiko came out with the SPB151 which is a reincarnation of the "Willard" 6105. If you're not familiar, "Captain Willard" is Martin Sheen's character in the movie Apocalypse Now and he wore a Seiko 6105 in the movie. Seiko addict that I am, I've always lusted for one, but the $4K and above price tag on the original 70's issue watches kept them out of my grasp. Even the first reincarnation, the SLA033 being a limited edition was unattainable. Now, with the mass-produced SPB151, I just might be able to finally get one!!

View attachment 35221
Yeah it really a great watch but the whole package is big money.

Back