The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Well since we are doing Mail Calls...

04.18.2023 Steinhart.JPEG

Steinhart 39mm GMT Ocean 1 Pepsi...
Yes I know it is an homage to the 39mm Rolex GMT Master II, however I have been so impressed with Steinhart Quality. Designed in Germany and completely Swiss Made. I have a Rolex Serti Submariner, and also looked at Tudor, but to make the halls of Rolex crumble and those that hate homage watches cry, I honestly like the Steinhart Watches better. Are they Certified Chronometers, no, but who cares. Are they 904L Stainless Steel, No, again not may know or can tell the difference. Are they in-house movements no, but the inital design of the Tudor and Rolex movements was based on a Zenith movement which was a modified Swiss ETA movement .

Lets compare

Rolex GMT Master II 39MM
Bezel: Ceramic 120 Click
Crystal / Face - Sapphire anti reflective /Super Luminova 1 / Black hand applied and flled indicies
Band: 20mm / 16mm 904L Solid stainless steel, screws adjustment not push pins( claimed to be harder and more scratch resistant ( I would argue that point
Movement: In house
Certified Chronometer: Yes
Depth rating 100 Meters
Cost New: $27,000 Market Retail List $13,000
Used: $13,000 - $15,000 some for as low at $9,000 in fair shape

IT IS a ROLEX.

Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT 39mm
Bezel: Ceramic or Aluminum 120 Click
Crystal / Face - Sapphire anti reflective /Super Luminova 2 ( Blue) / Black hand applied and filled indicies
Band: 20mm/16mm 316 L Solid Stainless steel screws adjustment not push pins ( softer and more scratch possibility)
Movement: Swiss Selitta SW-330-2 Elabore ( Modified ETA)
Certified Chronometer - NO
Depth Rating 330 Meters / 1000 ft.
Cost New $540.00 / $640.00

So if you want the real thing, get it, however I would argue that fit/finish, and more importantly reliability the Steinhart is the clear winner overall

not to mention the lack of worry, and you can buy 50 of the Steinharts, or you can say you wear a Rolex. LOL
This is just my opinion, LOL oh and here is a side by side for Comparision.....

rolex pepsi.jpgOCean1 Pepsi.jpg

Last edited:
Why is one Dave's watch on military time and the other Dave's is not??????

Back