The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I blam- …I mean, I thank genetics.

Really enjoying the “Japanese” style of wearing the band the opposite way for presentation. It took about a half day to get used to but isn’t as annoying as I thought it might be.

image.jpg

Anyone have a Cliff notes version of the ways to regulate watch accuracy? Was there something in how it’s put down overnight? Or is it only done through spring adjustment?

Anyone have a Cliff notes version
Cliff notes is an adjustment. You can get a watch timegrapher and measure the accuracy in different positions and put it down in the most accurate position. I just figure there are cell phones if you need to know EXACTLY what time it is and you can manually adjust your watch once a week or so if you're a minute or two off.

Spring adjustment but watch it over a 30-day period before making any adjustments you can use this site for measurements and factor your device anomaly as well.

Gravity has a very minimal effect as movements are designed to offset no matter which way you lay it down. a single watch winder also will help, just make sure it has a rest period timer as well.. Also you do not have to worry about which way the winder goes, modern movements including the one you have are multi-directional as far as the rotor is concerned

Spring adjustment but watch it over a 30-day period before making any adjustments you can use this site for measurements and factor your device anomaly as well.

Gravity has a very minimal effect as movements are designed to offset no matter which way you lay it down. a single watch winder also will help, just make sure it has a rest period timer as well.. Also you do not have to worry about which way the winder goes, modern movements including the one you have are multi-directional as far as the rotor is concerned
As a follow up of you are wearing everyday then a watch wonder is really not needed or warranted

Now that’s a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought it wasn't too bad for a buck. I had a multi pack of different batteries that did have the correct size so I just did a DIY battery replacement. the multi pack of batteries was 2 dollars for like 20 different size batteries and this watch takes 3 batteries...

I blam- …I mean, I thank genetics.

Really enjoying the “Japanese” style of wearing the band the opposite way for presentation. It took about a half day to get used to but isn’t as annoying as I thought it might be.

View attachment 95383

Anyone have a Cliff notes version of the ways to regulate watch accuracy? Was there something in how it’s put down overnight? Or is it only done through spring adjustment?
There are plenty of apps out there that you set the watch on the microphone and it will check it for accuracy.. They seem to work fairly well in place of a Timegrapher

dbc9494bc3cfc95be4916c4a5c83e243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back