The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Ferio Tego( Nat Sherman )Metropolitan Host Toro 6x48
9D0D0A2B-B9FA-4578-AD81-717A0B07BB9C.jpeg
Blind box buy based on a short story and review from @NurseDave

Light and initial cold draw is sweet on the lips and tip of tongue. Once heated extremely creamy, and mild with just a hint of sweetness, still on the lips and tip of tongue. During the 1st third super mellow but rich with Almond, a hint of vanilla and marshmallow with cedar on the palate. Retrohale adds some more deeper notes of some nutmeg, and more cedar. Super enjoyable after dinner with some bourbon, especially on ice. Tasting remains consistent through to final third and to the end,
D59E1B17-C56C-447E-B4DE-768893482053.jpeg
with that subtle lip Sweetness from the Nicaraguan wrapper. Good volume of smoke, with no negative or burnt secondary notes. Very reminiscent of both the AVO XO, and the Spice Cream but more complex and delicious.

if the XO and The Spicecream had a cigar baby this would be it. Superb!

Thanks @NurseDave , and sorry I will keep the box and get more 🤓🤪😂

Ferio Tego( Nat Sherman )Metropolitan Host Toro 6x48
View attachment 85110
Blind box buy based on a short story and review from @NurseDave

Light and initial cold draw is sweet on the lips and tip of tongue. Once heated extremely creamy, and mild with just a hint of sweetness, still on the lips and tip of tongue. During the 1st third super mellow but rich with Almond, a hint of vanilla and marshmallow with cedar on the palate. Retrohale adds some more deeper notes of some nutmeg, and more cedar. Super enjoyable after dinner with some bourbon, especially on ice. Tasting remains consistent through to final third and to the end,
View attachment 85111
with that subtle lip Sweetness from the Nicaraguan wrapper. Good volume of smoke, with no negative or burnt secondary notes. Very reminiscent of both the AVO XO, and the Spice Cream but more complex and delicious.

if the XO and The Spicecream had a cigar baby this would be it. Superb!

Thanks @NurseDave , and sorry I will keep the box and get more 🤓🤪😂
Ya; that’s what I meant to say ;)

I used to blind buy all the time. Cigars cost a BUNCH more than when I collected cigars. Same with pipes and razors. Still watching for a Tinsky pipe to come along. He wouldn’t PIF me one.

We were going to see a matinee today, but I had PT, Sharon had a class, plus a bunch of errands so we decided on 8:30, plus we won’t burst into flames when we leave the theatre as this is what is on the way this week
Tucson proper:
304B5924-0151-47EC-A2BA-DEFFA4452500.jpeg
At the Ranch:
747A257F-7397-4036-9DE7-E5E8DBFAB72C.jpeg
At the shop:
EFBCDE43-63F3-4D80-ACFC-A9F98405CE6B.jpeg
Now we wait for monsoon, and not here fast enough

OK, Refill of Humidor almost complete, and Humi is very happy
PDM Shade
a couple of different AVO's
RP White Label
Perdomo 2oth's
Charter Oak
A couple of Chupa Cabras
some Perdomo Mini's and a Special Fuente and the Ashtray to make the patio happy

06.07.2022 Mail Call.jpg

Back