The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

maybe get a speaker with the lapping of ocean waves on a hull of a ship and that hypnotic simulation might help this fluid, yet dangerous situation, transport Mrs. Sprecher into the future for a bit, LOL

So let me tell you a little story. I started my cigar journey in Oregon back in the 90s, but it really took root in the early 2000s. Early in my nursing career and had bought my first home. It was on 1/4 acre of mostly lawn that backed onto a stream. So the view off the back deck was level with plenty of nature sightings. The trouble was, I wasn’t one to just sit out there and enjoy it. So I figured, if I’m out there with a cigar I have at least an hour of built in time. Now I did many of my cigar purchases at Rich’s Cigar shop in downtown Portland. It’s been there a while and looked like this back before my time and is still there, but a bit more modern looking.
8CBA4E0C-7FDA-4E0A-BA8E-9518F115832D.jpeg

I was partial to H. Uppman and messed around with all the other entry level brands. But as many of you may recall, Nat Sherman was around at the time. They were a few more dollars, but I loved their logo and banding. I always had some of the teal band in my humidor, and would splurge on the purple band from time to time. Not only did I enjoy them on the deck there, I had a cigar/music room with a remote exhaust fan, one chair and some speakers. When you enablers got me back into cigars, I was saddened to find out that the whole Nat Sherman brand had been bought out and their cigar business ended. Well, just recently here I found out that 2 of the guys that worked for Nat Sherman took their blends and started reproducing them. So here we are. Back to my teal band that takes me right back to sitting in my cigar room and the days of Rich’s Cigars.
F123A675-FD12-46CC-8402-4A0ED25D993E.jpeg

Back