The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Well, re-seasoning the ancient humidor again for two-weeks. It was the condition before i drop coin on either a new humidor, or a cigarador. I have all my sticks in a tupperware container with Boveda packs, and it is maintaining 70/70-73. I could not get the desktop to rise above 63% so I did the dollar bill test and taped the lip to get a better seal. Placed a dish of cigar fluid, and a sponge. Wiped the cedar for the past few days. And it has maintained 80/70. I will do this for two weeks and then lower the humidity by adding sticks slowly and replacing the sponge and water with the xikar humidors to get back down to 70%. Hopefully it works this time, as Sharon got me the humidor on or around 2000 , so it has sentimental value. It spent quite a number years as a remote holder, when I quit smoking cigars. So, I may have ruined the cedar, as it dried out. Time will tell, or it will be humidor shopping time.

Yes, Yes they are Look for the ALR ( Age Limited & Rare ) very nice stick

So this time my school is the one with some oddball holiday on Monday that somehow rolled over to today as well. But I was already home when we were reminded of this.
C1E63317-C5D1-4872-9550-AC8CFEC33DC1.jpeg

Back