The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Glassware

The correct way would be on some nicely built teak furniture with firm but deep cushions, under a cover meant to diffuse the harsh noon sun or the afternoon rains, while asking for a refill from a lady in a skirt and bikini top. This is the rum you'll need a nicer glass for. :)
Important addition to the bucket list: Drink rum with Bougie.

Eric, don't listen to these ruffians. Sure, this is the way to drink rum that has a pirate on the bottle with one leg resting on a rum barrel. If you want to drink anything that is a limited production, has layered flavors, or isn't a proxy for paint thinner then no. The correct way would be on some nicely built teak furniture with firm but deep cushions, under a cover meant to diffuse the harsh noon sun or the afternoon rains, while asking for a refill from a lady in a skirt and bikini top. This is the rum you'll need a nicer glass for. :)
Bougie Rum Boy. If it isn’t, Don Q, it isn’t Rum

Sorry for the derailment.

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
4. BarberDave KBT 2. , kenzie 2
5. Nurse Dave - 2 Glencairn
6. Spider - 2 Glenn in green or maybe black. Undecided on Kenzie
7. CBLindsay -KBT 1, Kenzie 1
8. EMG06 - 1 of each

Sorry for the derailment.

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
4. BarberDave KBT 2. , kenzie 2
5. Nurse Dave - 2 Glencairn
6. Spider - 2 Glenn in green or maybe black. Undecided on Kenzie
7. CBLindsay -KBT 1, Kenzie 1
8. EMG06 - 1 of each
Oh ya, baby! When these come in, Eric can do his first cadre video trying the same rum in three different glasses. And then let us know it all tastes the same.

Love the 3 star. Got to try some 4 star in San Juan in a tasting (at a cool rum bar called Kane) last month on a family trip to PR.
I had to look it up. They don't even have the 4-star in the USA store.

Don Q is what most Puerto Ricans drink on Saturday nights while playing dominoes from six in the evening till seven in the next morning

If you bring up Bacardi, they will shove ivory Domino’s down your throat, and beat you palm fronds

Especially in the country where my mom was from, Barranquitas, the equivalent would be the backwoods of Kentucky you drink the wrong stuff they won’t find your body

years of hard work, smart, financial, planning and investing in being debt-free, has allowed me to start the Drive Steven Crazy Amazon Philanthropic Society or DSCAPS

Love the 3 star. Got to try some 4 star in San Juan in a tasting (at a cool rum bar called Kane) last month on a family trip to PR.

Now we're talking.

I had to look it up. They don't even have the 4-star in the USA store.
You tourists are funny all those rum tasting bars in old San Juan and the free piña coladas. If you go behind those shops, we’re all drinking Don Q and laughing and saying hey look at what we gave them and they pay big bucks for it. Rofl

You tourists are funny all those rum tasting bars in old San Juan and the free piña coladas. If you go behind those shops, we’re all drinking Don Q and laughing and saying hey look at what we gave them and they pay big bucks for it. Rofl
This place was semi-legit. Rum tasting menu with 175+ rums available and reasonable prices. No free pina coladas. Classic tiki cocktails and sippers only.

Cubano! 🇨🇺 communist! 😂😂😂
I had no idea! I thought they were native to the island. Their published history and website certainly make them sound like they were always from PR. Not like Bacardi which fully discloses their history.

Don Q is what most Puerto Ricans drink on Saturday nights
And coors light is what most Americans are cracking open on a Saturday, but that don’t mean it’s good. Actually I just heard that Modelo is now the #1 beer in America in terms of sales.

the Cadre and it's logo are not to be used in any way without owner approval.
I do not think you said, what you meant to say..... time to put down the bottle Chad....

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we have Bougie Dave and Snobby Dave. Very easy to tell them apart.

I do not think you said, what you meant to say..... time to put down the bottle Chad....
I think we all assumed he was drunk and only plays a lawyer on television, youtube and on the football field.

So now we have Bougie Dave and Snobby Dave. Very easy to tell them apart.
I’m only snobby when it comes to rum & cigars. … well ok and cigars. I’m not snobby about my friends look you’re my friend that should prove that.🤣🤣🤣
@EMG06 I only said communist because Puerto Rican and Cuban don’t get along but no, that Rum is from PR

I should clarify @BarberDave , I think DonQ is a very quality product and yes, it absolutely was the preferred choice of almost every Boricua that I had the pleasure of talking rum/ron with. I just personally prefer the taste of the Barrilito. Sorry if I came off a little salty. DonQ is really in no way shape or form related to Coors Light; I think it’s actually a great rum to try if you’re looking for a nice entry point into the spirit

I should clarify @BarberDave , I think DonQ is a very quality product and yes, it absolutely was the preferred choice of almost every Boricua that I had the pleasure of talking rum/ron with. I just personally prefer the taste of the Barrilito. Sorry if I came off a little salty. DonQ is really in no way shape or form related to Coors Light; I think it’s actually a great rum to try if you’re looking for a nice entry point into the spirit
Oh, don’t worry about it Erik not at all. I’ve been laughing This is joking, besides look that I have to deal with Steven on a daily basis. LOL

Back