The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Glassware

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Hi everyone. Once again we are in the process of working with Ben at Barrel Raised to help us get some more glassware, for spirits drinking.

For those interested I am also working with another source to get better beer glassware more on that in the coming weeks.

Anyways we are exploring 3 different types of glasses and you can order any amount of all three. Once again these options Will be ordered directly from Barrel Raised and shipped by him so it will keep the costs lower. Those who ordered last time understand how this works.

20230817_070955.jpg

Those are the different styles. Let me explain them left to right.

Left: Kenzie glass, popular with lower proof spirits or for those who enjoy their whiskey slightly warmer. Very popular for Scotch or Irish whiskey drinkers. The shape allows for aromas to come to the forefront and the longer neck prevents alcohol burn. This glass is quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine. And they fit the challenge coin.

Center: Kentucky Bourbon Trail glass: This glass is called this for one reason. It is made for bourbon and is used on the bourbon trail. It allows for circular motion easily opening up higher proof alcohol helping bring sensory notes to the front. I fell in love with this glass when in Kentucky. And for those who enjoy high proof spirits but want to add a lone cube of ice... This glass allows it.

Right: Glencairn, originally made for scotch drinkers, but quickly has become the trusted glass that all spirits drinkers flock to. It's tried and true and it's perfect for spirits! Fits the challenge coin also!

Pricing is:
Glencairn:
1 Glass - $18
2 Glasses - $33
4 Glasses - $60
6 Glasses - $88

Kenzie:
1 Glass - $16.50
2 Glasses - $30
4 Glasses - $54
6 Glasses - $78

KBT Glass:
1 Glass - $19
2 Glasses - $35
4 Glasses - $64
6 Glasses - $94

If there's interest we can also request colors on the glens only they are Black, Blue, Red, Green, and Gold.

Let's start a sign up list please you are committing interest only not to buy. This helps Ben understand initial demand. This will be a limited run. If you are interested in color please specify otherwise I will advise to only offer clear.

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each

Last edited:
Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
4. BarberDave trail glass 2

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
5. Nurse Dave - 2 Glencairn

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
6. Spider - 2 Glenn in green or maybe black. Undecided on Kenzie

Interested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
4. BarberDave KBT 2. , kenzie 2

nterested:
1. CVargo 2 of each
2. Fenster 2 KBT
3. Heysi - 1 of each
4. BarberDave KBT 2. , kenzie 2
7. CBLindsay -KBT 1, Kenzie 1

Question for the crowd. I’m a rum drinker (which typically has 80-88 proof). I’ve never had fancy tasting glassware and from what I’ve read on the rum forums, advice on tasting glasses is all over the place with regards to “the best shape”.

I’m interested in thoughts of the sippers here as to which shapes might be best.

Question for the crowd. I’m a rum drinker (which typically has 80-88 proof). I’ve never had fancy tasting glassware and from what I’ve read on the rum forums, advice on tasting glasses is all over the place with regards to “the best shape”.

I’m interested in thoughts of the sippers here as to which shapes might be best.
This is totally one of those questions where you'll get different people saying every different style is the best. I just started with a Glencairn and stayed with it because it seems to be the gold standard for a long time. There are of course TY videos where people do tastings using many different glasses and voicing what they think the differences are. I've seen it with wine glasses too. Interesting stuff, but it doesn't mean their experience will transfer to everyone.

I'm not a big rum drinker. But I bet the Kenzie glass would work well since its for lower proof spirits such as that 80 - 88 proof range you are speaking. If you like to add ice. I'd go for the KBT

Erik, if you’re gonna drink rum correctly, you need to drink it from a wood tankard, that is laden with beach, sand and crab droppings

Yo ho yo ho😃😃😃 and this is coming from a Puerto Rican and we know Rum!

But I agree the Glen is the best

Here are what the three glasses will look like.

You will notice the slight change to the KBT glass. This is due to the shape of the glass and to fit the full logo it would be too small and lose detail.

Also of note the Cadre and it's logo are not to be used in any way without owner approval. The logo is conspired of two parts, the top portion including the brush or as we refer to "the shield" and the text. Any use of the shield, script, or logo do require approval.

Glen:
image (3).png

Kenzie:
image (4).png

KBT:
image (1).png

Last edited:
Erik, if you’re gonna drink rum correctly, you need to drink it from a wood tankard, that is laden with beach, sand and crab droppings
Beat me to it! I was going to say…”Rum is best only if you drink straight from the bottle”. 😂

Eric, don't listen to these ruffians. Sure, this is the way to drink rum that has a pirate on the bottle with one leg resting on a rum barrel. If you want to drink anything that is a limited production, has layered flavors, or isn't a proxy for paint thinner then no. The correct way would be on some nicely built teak furniture with firm but deep cushions, under a cover meant to diffuse the harsh noon sun or the afternoon rains, while asking for a refill from a lady in a skirt and bikini top. This is the rum you'll need a nicer glass for. :)

Back