The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC CON #1 2022 - (Very preliminary Fact Finding)

Please sign up below this line and copy and paste

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance
14. OpusX
15. sunnysanity
16. uacowboy
17. MarkB
18. MarkB's Better Half

So, we've established what @NurseDave 's price is. Good to know.

@OpusX I had to look that one up. I'm not a cigar person but from the looks of it, its really nice. En Fuego is supposed to be nice as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance
14. OpusX
15. sunnysanity
16. uacowboy
17. MarkB
18. MarkB's Better Half
19. gwsmallwood

As someone already mentioned, advanced notice for planning purposes is key.

Also, keep in mind that the Big Shave event typically happens in March/April. Douglas has been quiet so far on whether the event will be happening in 2022, but it would be difficult to ask vendors to plan 2 different events too close together (not to mention us attendees).

Bonus points if you can shift it to the fall and I can make it a combo conference / anniversary trip...

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance
14. OpusX
15. sunnysanity
16. uacowboy
17. MarkB
18. MarkB's Better Half
19. gwsmallwood
20. Luecke3262
21. Luecke3262's Wife Iryna

Good news dear! You know how you've always talked about wanting to learn more about my shaving hobby? Dear? Honey? Hey, where ya going???

There is a reason only my name is on the list and not my lady wife ^^^This is the reason :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure I'll get the "When you're hanging out with the guys I can go to the spa." Make sure you add THAT to the cost of attendance @BarberDave!

I already owe her a 10-year anniversary trip (and we're coming up on 13). That money is already set aside and ready for when international travel gets easier again. This could be a bonus trip while we wait on the real thing.
  1. Canceled in 2018 because we wrecked a car and had to buy a new one
  2. Intentionally delayed in 2019 so we could save up for a better trip
  3. About to buy plane tickets in 2020 when everything shut down
  4. Delayed in 2021 until we can move about internationally with fewer restrictions.

I already owe her a 10-year anniversary trip (and we're coming up on 13). That money is already set aside and ready for when international travel gets easier again. This could be a bonus trip while we wait on the real thing.
  1. Canceled in 2018 because we wrecked a car and had to buy a new one
  2. Intentionally delayed in 2019 so we could save up for a better trip
  3. About to buy plane tickets in 2020 when everything shut down
  4. Delayed in 2021 until we can move about internationally with fewer restrictions.

I hear ya. Our anniversary trip for 2020 got moved to 2021 when I was elected Master of my Masonic lodge and then got delayed under covid. Now its being planned for 2023 for our 30th anniversary. I can only hope London is open by then.

I hear ya. Our anniversary trip for 2020 got moved to 2021 when I was elected Master of my Masonic lodge and then got delayed under covid. Now its being planned for 2023 for our 30th anniversary. I can only hope London is open by then.
Interesting. We were planning on England, Scotland, or Ireland as well. My wife wants to do more international travel, but the only time we've been overseas was on a mission trip to Israel/Palestine when we had guides and interpreters. She figured it might be a good idea for our first solo trip to be somewhere that we speak the language.

We were planning on England, Scotland, or Ireland as well.

Ireland is so amazing. Its full of the most welcoming people. And its so green. Its on our return list.

But I learned that when I was in Norway and France that if you know a few words in their language, they'll usually know much more english than they let on. Plenty of great moments of trying to say something in Norwegian and the local would smile, stop me and say something in near perfect english as a response to my butchering of their language. Then they'd help me pronounce the Norwegian words correctly. I love international travel.

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance
14. OpusX
15. sunnysanity
16. uacowboy
17. MarkB
18. MarkB's Better Half
19. gwsmallwood
20. Luecke3262
21. Luecke3262's Wife Iryna
22. Graybeard57

So we have a special B Day for Mrs Somnos in Feb, we missed our 10th to Hawaii last year due to Covid but we will be in London for a dear friends wedding in June 2022. Lots to catch up…but WE THE NORTH are interested!

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider