The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC CON #1 2022 - (Very preliminary Fact Finding)

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Good Day Folks:
As you know the Ownership of The Shaving Cadre ( Me, Chad and Chris ) have been discussing the idea of a TSC Convention for a number of years. Well it is about time we start moving that in a forward direction. As you also know 2020 as well as 2021 has been a real gut punch to the world, and not withstanding to yours truly in multiple fashion, hence most of the reason the TSC Radio show has been placed on hiatus for some time.

With that in mind we are beginning the VERY PRELIMINARY fact finding on locations, venues, costs and so forth. the ultimate plan is to have "TSC CON" happen every year, or every two years dependent on interest and number of attendees. If done every year it would move to make it easy for everyone to get to at least one, every few years. We would try to do a Western / Mid Western /East , for instance

Year one - WEST
Year two - Mid West
Year Three - East

and if a ton of Interest then possible expand to a Cruise, Hawaii, Europe Etc. But Baby steps Sparks, Baby steps. (Extra points if someone mentions the movie reference) We of course would be inviting our Artisan Retailers, Hobbyists, and other potential Convention vendors to set up shop in a "Vendor Village" type of scenario, we are also looking at a BST Ante Room, a Series of possible lectures and demonstrations, and of course optional events, and meeting areas, jsut to hang out with fellow TSC Members.

The Costs involved would be two-fold

1. The cost of registration and attendee packet, that would get you into all TSC events, a collectable event Shirt of some type, wristband or lanyard, as well as a goodie bag (estimated at $35-$75. for entire registration and packet)
2. A negotiated Room rate with the venue. Of course you could stay anywhere, but it is more fun at the Host Hotel.

The initial TSC CON is slated for Las Vegas possibly in 2022 and we are looking at March, April, or Early May as tentative dates. All of this, of course is fluid depending on "world health events" So this thread is to guage interest and decisions and discussions on this Convention will be based on this thread over the next few months.

SO..... If you are interested, and would attend please sign up for interest and let us know if you would plan on bringing spouse, kids, etc. SO in the sign up please indicate how many registrants TOTAL
(This will help us determine dates, locations, and other item Again please see the above tentative months)

NOTHING is set in stone at this time, and again, this is just for PRE CON Planning, signing up does NOT commit you to anything, we are just trying to get an idea on numbers

Hopefully we can make this happen.

Please sign up below this line and copy and paste

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave

I feel like the last time we did this a pandemic started. Tread lightly..... But I'm all in!

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo (since he was to lazy to put his name on the list...I went ahead and did it for him)
7. dangerousdon

Okay, I put my name on the list here, and I would love to attend. I have to say though that this would really all depend on a lot of things. Cost being the biggest driver. An not just cost of the event, but cost of travel, cost of lodging also. Location is going to be a big deal for me also. But the biggest factor in all of this is going to be advance notice. If I don't have enough time to prepare...it ain't going to happen. I know you can't please everyone, and I am okay with that. If I can't make one year, then maybe the next.

I love that you all are trying to figure this out early!

I'd be pretty hopeful we could make a weekend event work next year. Longer stuff would likely have to wait until school is done at the end of next summer. BTW, can I toss in the rooms at the Wynn are very nice. As are the rooms with open balconies at the Cosmo that look over the Bellagio fountains 🤩

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo (since he was to lazy to put his name on the list...I went ahead and did it for him) -- don't forget MVargo, too
7. dangerousdon
8. dkeester + wife

Let me get this straight.....the first TSC con will be in my HOME TOWN???? Hells yeah! I can recommend several great beer places. Several great restaurants and plenty of things to do.

Sign me up!!!

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo (since he was to lazy to put his name on the list...I went ahead and did it for him) -- don't forget MVargo, too
7. dangerousdon
8. dkeester + wife
9. heysi

Keep the sign ups and idea coming in. It will certainly help in planning and allows us to attempt to tailor and make the best and most affordable event.

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance

I would certainly have interest in TSC Midwest. If I did manage a Vegas trip a stop at Casa Fuente is required.

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider
13. Ambalance
14. OpusX

1. BarberDave
2. AvocadoQueen
3. CBLindsay
4. NurseDave
5. MrsNurseDave
6. CVargo
7. MVargo
8. dangerousdon
9. dkeester
10. dkeester's wife
11. heysi
12. Spider