The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement TSC Challenge Coin 5 year anniversary

**I WANT A COIN****
1. CVargo - 2 Coins - Yes
2. BarberDave - 2 Coins - Yes
3. CBLindsay - 2 Coins - Yes
4. dkeester - 1 Coin - Yes
5. NurseDave - 1 Coin - No
6.Heysi - 2 Coins - Yes
7. Fenster - 1 coin- yes
8. OpusX - 1 coin - No
9. Spider - 1 coin - Yes
10. Scuttlesoap - 1 coin -Yes
11. Bill M - 1 coin - No
12. GearNoir - 1 coin - Yes only if there is a 0 numbered coin, otherwise no
13. ED3054 - 1 coin - Yes - No

Sent from my K118 using Tapatalk
Lucky Number 13

Sent from my K118 using Tapatalk

**I WANT A COIN****
6.Heysi - 2 Coins - Yes
7. Fenster - 1 coin- yes
8. OpusX - 1 coin - No
9. Spider - 1 coin - Yes
11. Bill M - 1 coin - No
14 MarkB - 1 coin - No

Need to revise my answer......

**I WANT A COIN****
6. Heysi - 1 Coin - No (had to decrease the amount...thought I could get numbers 68 - because my birth year - and 69 - because funny)
7. Fenster - 1 coin- yes
8. OpusX - 1 coin - No
9. Spider - 1 coin - Yes
11. Bill M - 1 coin - No
14 MarkB - 1 coin - No

I do have a question about Challenge Coin etiquette......not being of a mitltary persuasion and not wanting to run afoul of the rules.....but if I meet up with, say @Spider , and he demands to see my coin (not a euphemism), what are the consequences if I do not have it? And if I do have the coin, am I required to give him the coin? Help out this simple civilian here.

You will have to buy him a drink, and if you are in a group and they also challenge you, bring your credit card. You do not give him your coin. Just make sure it has a permanent place in your pocket as you never know when a TSC Member may ask.

Or if you are at a restaurant, retail location, cigar bar and someone challenges you they have to show their coin. If not. You buy something, a burger, cigar, or even a watch LOL ( just kidding on the watch). Or am I?

I do have a question about Challenge Coin etiquette......not being of a mitltary persuasion and not wanting to run afoul of the rules.....but if I meet up with, say @Spider , and he demands to see my coin (not a euphemism), what are the consequences if I do not have it? And if I do have the coin, am I required to give him the coin? Help out this simple civilian here.
Coin check..... You slap your coin on the bar. Everyone is then required to pull out their coin in kind. Whoever doesn't have their coin, has to buy a round of drinks. If everyone does have theirs, whoever initiated the coin check has to buy the drinks.

Coin check..... You slap your coin on the bar. Everyone is then required to pull out their coin in kind. Whoever doesn't have their coin, has to buy a round of drinks. If everyone does have theirs, whoever initiated the coin check has to buy the drinks.
Yep I forgot that part as I have never been subject to that one luckily

Also, if you're pulling stuff out of your pocket, and you inadvertently pull your coin out and it falls to the floor, if it makes an audible noise and someone hears it (or if they see it drop), you just initiated a coin check.

Not sure of the protocol... As a fellow veteran, and as a sign of respect, I placed my challenge coin in the casket with my father when we had the funeral. Is it inappropriate for someone to get themselves one? If so, would this be an occasion where the rules could be bent?

Not sure of the protocol... As a fellow veteran, and as a sign of respect, I placed my challenge coin in the casket with my father when we had the funeral. Is it inappropriate for someone to get themselves one? If so, would this be an occasion where the rules could be bent?
If you are talking about replacing the one that you gave to your father at his funeral, then absolutely replacement of a challenge coin if it is lost or stolen can be purchased

So this could get very dangerous as drinks start to get overindulged and someone forgets the final rule you mentioned above.

And I'm guessing that if you didn't have your coin during the first challenge....you either go home or you run and get your coin or the whole room is going to be sliding up next to your open tab all night.

Back