The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Celebrates Bourbon Heritage Month Sept. 2021

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
So as discussed in the what are you drinking thread September is National Bourbon Heritage month.

So the challenge is pretty simple each day drink a different bourbon. Mash bills, proof points, etc are fine. But it has to be bourbon. So try to avoid the ryes, scotch, Canadian, Japanese, etc. And just for the sake of making things simple the Tennessee whiskeys are included we won't debate if it's bourbon or not lol. Spoiler it's bourbon.

If you don't have 30 unique bottles hit up and buy some airplane bottles etc and give it a go. Or just participate as long as you can.

Post a pic and just for a little bit of fun post your rating on a scale of 1-10. One being the lowest and ten the highest. Throw in some tasting notes etc.I'll compile at the end of the month.

Who's in? I know short notice this starts tomorrow. But everyone should have a bourbon or two on hand to get started.

You already have a few bourbons to get ya started. Now just go to the liquor store and but a bunch of mini bottles and be labeled an alcoholic. Lol
I think i can get though a few days LOL

I've never tried a bourbon and liked it..... It just doesn't agree with my palatte. That said, I've never been to a store that I've seen 30 different bourbons on the shelf. And the mini bottles? I'd be luck to find more than just a few bourbons in that size.

I've never tried a bourbon and liked it..... It just doesn't agree with my palatte. That said, I've never been to a store that I've seen 30 different bourbons on the shelf. And the mini bottles? I'd be luck to find more than just a few bourbons in that size.
A poor liquor supply in a military town?

A poor liquor supply in a military town?
Plenty of liquor, just not a great selection. We have to drive an hour for any good sized liquor stores. Also in general military folks aren't purchasing a lot of expensive booze... most are going after the cheaper stuff.

Plenty of liquor, just not a great selection. We have to drive an hour for any good sized liquor stores. Also in general military folks aren't purchasing a lot of expensive booze... most are going after the cheaper stuff.
Sounds like the best option might just be to buy a plane ticket to @NurseDave ’s house for the month.

Not sure I will round up enough Bourbons to complete the month but here is day 1...

Really enjoying this one and having a hard time not going back to it all the time. 120 proof but a smooooooth sipper. 8/10 Sweet, creamy, vanilla, and nutty.
IMG_20210901_113747247[1].jpg

Sept first for me is :

IMG_20210901_173734477_HDR.jpg

The Old Grand Dad bottled in bond is a 4 year old bourbon from the Jim Beam distillery. It definitely has that Beam nut note to it. And I get like a salted caramel off the nose too. It's good but honestly from the Jim Beam family I'd much rather go for other products from their family. Want a good cheap bourbon though just to see if you like like Jim Beam but don't want their standard white label. This is a good place to start. It's middle of the road for me. 6/10.

List:
1st: Old Grand Dad Bottled in Bond 6/10

Ok I'll play for a bit. Guess I'm starting with the best, it says it's #1 in the world right there on the bottle! Lol

All jokes aside this ain't to bad. I get some caramel and vanilla on the nose and it is decently smooth and a bit sweet. Maybe just a hint of oak but overall very mild in taste. I'll give it 5/10.
20210901_192423.jpg
List
1. Jim Beam Kentucky Straight Bourbon

Back