The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Touch Down, Every Morning...Not Just, Now and Then ... THE MOVE AROUND THREAD!

That is definitely a lot of movement! Chad...how are you tracking that? What app are you using?

I use the Fitbit Versa. It is the most accurate one I have used. I suspect that the numbers are only off by about +/- 3%

I use the Fitbit Versa. It is the most accurate one I have used. I suspect that the numbers are only off by about +/- 3%

I figured it was one of the Fitbit wAtches. Looks like I'll be adding that to the list of things I want now!

I figured it was one of the Fitbit wAtches. Looks like I'll be adding that to the list of things I want now!

I love mine, it tracks heart rate, tracks sleep patterns, is waterproof, and has exercises built in that I can do quickly at home if I need to get moving.

He probably has Steve estimate it for him
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I will acknowledge your comment and approve it as cross-thread comedy.

Only a 20 minute walk today at lunch. Needed some time to walk over to the YMCA and join up. They are offering no enrollment fee this month. It is literally accross the street from the building I work in. In fact I have to walk right by the YMCA to get to my truck in the parking garage!

Also, walked down 16 flights of stairs and then up again...twice.

1/23/2019

15 minute walk first thing in the morning.
45 minute walk at lunch time
Down then up 16 flights of stairs only once.

Finally got my membership at the YMCA across the street straightened out. Will probably end up there sometime today to do an easy cardio routine and get myself acquainted with where everything is. I need to figure out a relatively simple strength training routine to get going next week.

1/23/2019

30 minute morning walk before work
30 minutes on the Elliptical at the gym
Down then Up 16 flights of stairs x2

1/24/2019
45 minute walk at lunch
Down the Up 16 flights of stairs (just once)

I am starting to add things called "micro-movements" throughout the day. In addition to getting up periodically and just moving around the office. I am also putting myself into a deep squat position several times a day. Sometimes I stay there for 30 seconds...other times I move up and down a few times quickly. I am also just doing weird and unusual movements at random times. The purpose of this is to first of all...just get moving...but also to mobilize joints and muscles that otherwise get stiff and unused. Ever wonder why kids can move the way they do? It's not just because they are young and full of vigor. It's also because they haven't been subjected to a life sitting behind a desk for nine hours a day!

1/28/2019

Down the Up 16 flights of stairs x2
45 minute walk at lunch

1/29/2019

Couldn't do a lot yesterday as I was traveling for work...but I managed to attend my first real Yoga Class. Lots of stretching and core strengthening which is perfect for what I want to do right now.

I got a Silver Sneakers membership at the YMCA. But I’m not getting thinner. I suppose I’ll gave to go there at least occasionally! ?

Didn't do all that well last week as work really interfered with a lot of things. Getting back on track this week!

For 2/5/2019

Down then up 16 flights of stairs x2
45 minute walk at lunch

weather isn't all that great today so not sure what I am going to do today. I will definitely get my stairs in (about ready to do one right now). If the weather isn't great at lunch I will likely go to the gym and do the elliptical or recumbent bike for a nice easy cardio session. I have yoga tonight also. I have a call into a personal trainer to see if I can nail down a strength training routine that will be simple but most beneficial. Hopefully I can get that started in the next few days.

Back