The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There Can Be ONLY One!

Caveat Up Front: since I make/sell soap and have an extensive library of fragrances on hand I could honestly survive a shavepocolypse in style. I could be quiet happy using whatever soap(s) & fragrances I have on hand…but that wouldn’t qualify as “one”
One Soap: if I had to pick one (non-CBL soap) I think I would pick SV dolimiti, I love the scent and the way it lathers & feels.
One Post Shave: CBL tonic, Barba scented. I wouldn’t need a post shave every day if I’m using Dolimiti so this would give me an extra scent that I love AND I really enjoy the tonic.
One Razor: i could be happy with just about any vintage straight razor but if I had to have only one razor for life and blades were always available I guess I would want a feather (folding or kamisori style)
One Brush: I really enjoy mother’s thuya burl SV brush I have had for several years, that one or the newer TSC/SV brush would be my ONE.
One Blade. If it’s for my feather I would want a feather pro guard. If I was using it in a de razor (that I somehow had but didn’t put on my list) I really don’t have a preference…Gillette yellow or Personna, they seem to work.
One Cologne/Fragrance: my favorite fragrance is TdH a.k.a “orange dirt”, love it.
One Pipe/Cigar: Romon Buesto The Genesis Project…just awesome
One Drink: I like whiskey’s but I think I will go nuts if I had to pick one and drink it all the time so i’ll say “whiskey & Cherry Coke”, then it wouldn’t matter so much which whiskey as long as it’s not Canadian.
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add) Beef jerky!

Always a tough subject to answer! Let’s see…at this time…🤔

Caveat Up Front: Filling out this list yearly would probably get different results most of the time.
One Soap: My clown puke tub - hell if I remember what’s in it but it’s a bunch of good stuff and it’s definitely the best soap I have.
One Post Shave: My homemade witch hazel and aloe blend - two applications after every shave, never fails.
One Razor: Colonial “Armored” v1 Brass General AC SE - My grail razor for sure.
One Brush: Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth knot - Grail knot for sure, has never failed to help make superb lathers; the handle is quite ergonomic as well.
One Blade: Schick Prolines - Smoothest, most comfortable AC blade I’ve tried so far.
One Cologne/Fragrance: YSL Rive Gauche - Knockout, anytime year-round frag.
One Pipe/Cigar: My Kirsten “MX” Goldtone pipe - Even if I didn’t smoke it…it’ll last forever with even minimal care and it looks cool.
One Drink: Coffee - nuff said.
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add): My HK P3000SK (9mm) - inevitably in such a scenario, there’s going to be times where it comes down to who’s got the wits and better tools; other tools I could construct with some effort.
That rainbow pony tail knot IS prett awesome. Probably the best synthetic in my den right now.

Caveat Up Front: So ignoring the Single Ring, NEW variations, Feather SS, Feather Blades for now, and assuming I could find the cream with original scents...
One Soap: Coates cream. Sublime. If I can't get Coates scented, then Mystic Water Pompelmo I Fiori (or Maestrale)
One Post Shave: In a hurry I'd grab whatever Bootleggers I have left.
One Razor: Ever Ready 1914
One Brush: Any modern synth
One Blade: GEM PTFE SS
One Cologne/Fragrance: No idea. Not a priority for an apocalypse
One Pipe/Cigar: Yuk.
One Drink: Laphroaig
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add) TV Show : All seasons of Doctor Who, old and new and future.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

It must be noted, that I have a shipping container in the event of Zombie, or any type of Apocalypse..... ok maybe two. One has shaving gear....and BACON, and the other is a 4x4 truck with roof mounted 50 cal and swords...... But if I must pick one. I do so in protest LOL "ONE" is a BAD word!

Caveat Up Front: See Above
One Soap: SV 70th
One Post Shave: SV 70th
One Razor:
Koraat Ice Dragon Damascus ( doubles as Zombie Killer )
One Brush: Morris & Forndran Apolina
One Blade: N/A but if so a Feather Pro Guard
Fragrance:
Creed Aventus
One Pipe/Cigar: Really??? Padron Toro Box Presses 1926 Maduro
One Drink: Dalmore Cigar Malt ( alcoholic ) Sun Tea ( non-alcoholic )
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add) Spicy Salmon Hand Roll

One Soap:
CBL Premium Hemp Base - Dragon’s Blood. Best soap I’ve used and my favorite scent!

One Post Shave:
Central Texas Soaps - The Saw. Love this so much when I got it last year, I immediately went back and bought 5-6 more bottles.

One Razor:
Feather AS-D2. My instinct said to grab the Fatboy, since it’s adjustable, and is a few razors in one. But the Feather is perfect as is, and it’s stainless and has less parts, so less can go wrong with it.

One Brush:
A synthetic for sure. I’d probably grab one of my Oz Shaving Co. brushes.

One Blade:
Feather. Gives me over 100 shaves per blade, so I don’t need to worry about carrying a bunch of blades. A few will last a long time.

One Cologne/Fragrance:
I’d probably grab PdP No. 63.

One Pipe/Cigar:
I’m pretty simple here. I’d just grab a MM corncob pipe and a pouch of Carter Hall.

One Drink: Hendrick’s Gin & Tonic water, so I can make Gin & Tonics.

Hate to be so vanilla but I would go with what I got on hand

One Soap: Same Caveat as CBL so currently going with TABAC as its the best of what I got on hand
One Post Shave: Zombie Repellent (Still in Alpha - no warranty)
One Razor: Fatip OC La Storto (Slant)
One Brush: Omega S
One Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
One Cologne/Fragrance: Paco Rabanne
One Pipe/Cigar: Any good pipe loaded with a 50/50 Mix of Half & Half and Captain Black Dark Black Cavendish
One Drink: Canadian Hunter Whiskey Large bottle, tastes good and cheap you guys must absolutely see this review link
Wild Card: Military Grade Flamethrower (relatively silent so as not to attract a horde)

Caveat Up Front: No caveats
One Soap: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
One Post Shave: Epsilon Blue Mediterranean after shave
One Razor: Feather AS-D2
One Brush: Rudy Vey Eagle
One Blade: Personna lab blue
One Cologne/Fragrance: Aqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
One Pipe/Cigar: Macanudo Gold Label
One Drink: Fortaleza Tequila Blanco
One Wildcard: Fender Custom Shop '51 Nocaster
Tada! :cool:

Caveat Up Front: No caveats