The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There Can Be ONLY One!

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
OK, I know throughout the wet shaving community we have all these lists on what we would use if X happened, and I love the banter that goes back and forth on this site - we truly are a good gang IMO. This is going to be again - one of those lists. And every time I watch one of these on YouTube - the YouTuber / Influencer has so many "Honorable" mentions - they might as well have listed half their shaving den......but I think I have a solution - so here goes......

List the one razor, one soap, one aftershave, one fragrance, and since we have a bunch of foodies, tobaccoists (is that a term? - patent pending!), and (fill in your favorite alcohol) aficionados - list those two things as well - that you would use if the Zombie Apocalypse came, you were on a cruise and the boat sank so you had to swim to the closet remote island, if you're Barber Dave and you have to parajump into a forest fire., or name a event where you had to dash and go... (ex. your wife discovered that you fell asleep during the birth of your first child, Guns-N-Roses is touring and they want you to be the drummer, etc).

And because I know this is such a hard thing to do - I will put a caveat section in it - but you can only use two sentences - you can't list your whole den.......).

Rules - (1) this is just for fun,, (2) people's choices in X product does change with the season some times, (3) all products in my mind are unisex and all season - there are no judgements here - Using the Whisk(e)y Tribe mantra - the best x is what you like and how you like to use it, and (4) just because you picked x product - doesn't mean that Y vendor doesn't provide the best products out there - so this is just for fun...

Format:

Caveat Up Front:
One Soap:
One Post Shave:
One Cologne/Fragrance:
One Pipe/Cigar:
One Drink:
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add)

1630598321654.png

My scenario - zombies sunk the cruise ship I was on - so my kids and I swam to a remote, uninhabited island at a perfect balmy 75 degrees all year round that just happens to have an awesome chlorinated lazy river pool and a brand new, custom painted Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.....

Caveat Up Front: I love CBL Hello - Lavender done well and the label - Magnifique! I have an Ethos bespoke AS coming - so may have made the list - Frank does great things!
One Soap: Barrister & Mann Chypre - has the required citrus up front and just in case my family wants to hold a black tie event - this fantastic soap/fragrance pairs with the heat and for events that require jeans & a t-shirt or a cream colored dinner jacket with black tie. Since it is in the Chypre family (obviously duh) - it is in the same family of Fougeres and Barbershops scents
One Post Shave: Stirling Glacial Citron - I am a citrus freak -but I go through my phases - so if I need Grapefruit - Check! Lime - Check! Orange - Check? Lemon - Check! Plus the required cooling kick! Banger!
One Razor: Blackland Vector. I have two other razors that are tops on my list - but this one IMO is the best shaver for both my face and my noggin - and since it uses an Artist Club blade- can also serve as a machete as we make our way inland on the island to the pool.
One Brush: Teton Shaves BDLM Blanco. Has a sugar skull in it - need it for the cool factor.
One Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club - not my favorite - not even in the top 5 - but I brought the Vector - so that limits my choices.
One Cologne/Fragrance: Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club. I know it doesn't pair with everything - but it is the best fragrance out there - I know we all agree- so no need to argue :) Comfort scent!
One Pipe/Cigar: I don't smoke - but if my sons or daughters picked it up - some cherry pipe tobacco - or heck - if we are in a place where we can safely share - and I think we are - one of those ecigarettes with cotton candy scented - whatever you use with those things.
One Drink: Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey - how can you go wrong with the people that invented WhiskEy - and finished Rum casks - Bam! Stuck the Landing!
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add) I went back and forth on this one - movie collection, music collection - I decided on my wildcard would be my kindle - have over 200 books on it - doesn't use much batteries - will last months while we wait for the rescue.

Last edited:
Needed to add three categories - forgot the razor, brush, and blade:

Caveat Up Front:
One Soap:
One Post Shave:
One Razor:
One Brush:
One Blade
One Cologne/Fragrance:
One Pipe/Cigar:
One Drink:
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add)

Schick Injector-Chick Blade
MWF-used as a soap stick by puck rubbing.
Omega Pro-48
West Indies Bay Rum AS
Bottle of Canadian Rye Whiskey for cleaning wounds and such.
Carton of Lucky Strikes for trading.

Seeing it is an apocalypse I would most likely forgo this grooming all together.
And start drinking and smoking again.

Schick Injector-Chick Blade
MWF-used as a soap stick by puck rubbing.
Omega Pro-48
West Indies Bay Rum AS
Bottle of Canadian Rye Whiskey for cleaning wounds and such.
Carton of Lucky Strikes for trading.

Seeing it is an apocalypse I would most likely forgo this grooming all together.
And start drinking and smoking again.
I think these are the best answers - and I also think that you would excel on the Discovery Channel Series - Naked and Afraid!

Caveat Up Front: Caveats? I don’t need no stinking caveats. This is what I would pick today.
One Soap: CBL Fresh Lime.
One Post Shave: Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave.
One Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84 (it just works great for me every time).
One Brush: SHD Badger from Maggard’s.
One Blade: Wizamet.
One Cologne/Fragrance: Creed Aventis dupe (I don’t really do many Colognes so I am very much an amateur in this area).
One Pipe/Cigar: Rattray's: Dark Ale (107) pipe and C&D Sunday Picnic tobacco.
One Drink: Bourbon - Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 9 year, 120 proof.
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add): Glock 27 (.40 cal). In case any Zombies make it to the Island.🧟‍♂️

Always a tough subject to answer! Let’s see…at this time…🤔

Caveat Up Front: Filling out this list yearly would probably get different results most of the time.
One Soap: My clown puke tub - hell if I remember what’s in it but it’s a bunch of good stuff and it’s definitely the best soap I have.
One Post Shave:
My homemade witch hazel and aloe blend - two applications after every shave, never fails.
One Razor:
Colonial “Armored” v1 Brass General AC SE - My grail razor for sure.
One Brush:
Yaqi Rainbow w/ pony synth knot - Grail knot for sure, has never failed to help make superb lathers; the handle is quite ergonomic as well.
One Blade:
Schick Prolines - Smoothest, most comfortable AC blade I’ve tried so far.
One Cologne/Fragrance:
YSL Rive Gauche - Knockout, anytime year-round frag.
One Pipe/Cigar:
My Kirsten “MX” Goldtone pipe - Even if I didn’t smoke it…it’ll last forever with even minimal care and it looks cool.
One Drink:
Coffee - nuff said.
One Wildcard (for something you just want to add):
My HK P3000SK (9mm) - inevitably in such a scenario, there’s going to be times where it comes down to who’s got the wits and better tools; other tools I could construct with some effort.

Back