The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The wonderful excesses of acquisition disorders...and wet shaving

Ok...

Processing hasn't moved for 15 minutes...it's still at 0%. So, I went ahead and scheduled to have it publish at 2am EST. Daddy's got to get to sleep and I can't wait around for this to finish up. Hopefully it's done by then.

Yeah but while the video is loading we are all still wondering if you REALLY DID grow that beard and go full on hipster. Not that we are judging (only the Dave’s and maybe a few Chris’, the odd Steve and K.J (ok that one was pretty specific) might be judging. Good to have you stateside again

YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME! oh sorry...that's what SWMBO tells me. Thanks Chris...likely only stateside for another couple of weeks. (have a couple of things in the works, so might be back for good. time will tell). Yes, I did grow the goatee out in December/January I have to admit. And the Hair didn't get cut for 8 months. But, things are back to normal now...kind of.

Ok...

Processing hasn't moved for 15 minutes...it's still at 0%. So, I went ahead and scheduled to have it publish at 11am EST. Daddy's got to get to sleep and I can't wait around for this to finish up. Hopefully it's done by then.

If I'm going to use the "Premier" feature on YT, I might as well be online to interact with whomever is going to deign to watch it. So, 2am was a little unreasonable. I changed it to 11am EST. Sorry for the mix up everyone! I'll be on my YT page interacting with people while the video is going on if you would like to join.

JOSH!!! Happy to see you man! I know these other Nancy Boys feared your demise. But I kept the faith! Glad to have you around...and if I can get to the video when you are online I most certainly will!

josh:
Priocessing times with cyberlink are getting crazy, I just did a few small intros and then IMovie transfer to computer ( 2 mins ) and upload to YR 10 mins and done

In Cyberlink's defense, I did choose the absolute highest resolution i could render to instead of my normal. The file was 12GB, so no small thing. I'll try my usual and see how it turns out on the next one. (plus it had about 8 minutes of "primping" and cleanup as it's been called that should have been cut out)

Very nice Josh. I always enjoy your presentation and this was no exception. I have Milksteak in Yuzu Rose and Patchouli--which is one of my favorite all-time scents. This is a great base and it provides me with a great shave when I use it.

Thanks! I really did enjoy the base...though next time I'm going to forego the bloom on the soap as I didn't realize how SOFT it was. That way I can give more time to developing the lather.

Great video Josh. You have definitely just sold me on Declaration Grooming. I am curious if you have tried any of their other scents and what your thoughts on them were?

Thanks! I really did enjoy the base...though next time I'm going to forego the bloom on the soap as I didn't realize how SOFT it was. That way I can give more time to developing the lather.
It seems to me that a lot of these new bases are soft like that. I am including M&M Kodiak, Grooming Dept Kairos, A&E Kaizen, WK Siero and even Zingari Man Sego. I actually like this because of the way I use shaving soap these days. I like to take some and smear it on to the bottom of my lathering bowl. It is easier to spread the soap around and to lather it on the bottom of the bowl with a brush when it is soft. I almost never lather directly from the puck any longer. And when I do, I generally bloom soaps when I have an older, harder puck to work with.

Great video Josh. You have definitely just sold me on Declaration Grooming. I am curious if you have tried any of their other scents and what your thoughts on them were?
Hello my name is not Josh. I adore Unconditional Surrender. I've debated picking up a new set with the new base, but I have two sets of the old. 4th & Pine, which is now 88 Chestnut I think? is a bitter green citrus scent that just does it for me too.

Hello my name is not Josh. I adore Unconditional Surrender. I've debated picking up a new set with the new base, but I have two sets of the old. 4th & Pine, which is now 88 Chestnut I think? is a bitter green citrus scent that just does it for me too.
Ooh c'mon! We all need to carry 2 or 3 names around here. If you don't like Josh, we can assign you to Dave #324 (or is that already taken?).

Back