The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Wild West Show - Jim's Shaving Journal

Howdy, Strangers!

I am trying to keep my fingers in all the different pies, and @Spider gave me the prodding I needed to come on back and see how you all are doing. I know some of you still see me on FB, but I have missed being on the forums.

Shavewise I am pretty much down to once or twice a week. I am fully Work From Home so I am in comfy mode almost every day. When I do shave, my trusty Asylum RX still gets the job done. CBL Outlaw/Stetson AS or The Holy Black Galleon Soap and Splash are my current standards.

I also recently found out that I love Outlaw Soaps, specifically their body washes and lotions. I joined their subscription service, so every two months I get a full bottle of body wash and one of lotion as well. The scent I am using is called Blazing Saddles, which combines Leather, Gunpowder, Sage, and Sandalwood. Classic Jim, right? And every box includes an air freshener for my car in the same scent haha.

Anyways, I will try to be around a bit more. Keep on riding, fellas!

Howdy, Strangers!

I am trying to keep my fingers in all the different pies, and @Spider gave me the prodding I needed to come on back and see how you all are doing. I know some of you still see me on FB, but I have missed being on the forums.

Shavewise I am pretty much down to once or twice a week. I am fully Work From Home so I am in comfy mode almost every day. When I do shave, my trusty Asylum RX still gets the job done. CBL Outlaw/Stetson AS or The Holy Black Galleon Soap and Splash are my current standards.

I also recently found out that I love Outlaw Soaps, specifically their body washes and lotions. I joined their subscription service, so every two months I get a full bottle of body wash and one of lotion as well. The scent I am using is called Blazing Saddles, which combines Leather, Gunpowder, Sage, and Sandalwood. Classic Jim, right? And every box includes an air freshener for my car in the same scent haha.

Anyways, I will try to be around a bit more. Keep on riding, fellas!

I was thinking the same thing! Perhaps @CBLindsay could whip you up a custom batch. It could even qualify as a stunt shave.
I am VERY familiar with Outlaw soaps and their scent line-up. I used to have quite a bit of their soaps (bath/body), I actually found that the soap got WAY better once it was aged a year (I had that much soap). I even have a half used puck of blazing saddles shave soap and a HUGE round cut of Campfire shaving soap...both from WAY back when they were located in California. The campfire scent is incredible, when they first tested their beard oil they made it in a similar scent and called it “twine”...OMG it’s the best scent ever (yes I still have it hidden away in my fridge to preserve its scent). To be honest, it’s not very good as a shaving soap but they both smell good and are great pre-shave soaps. I don’t even know if Outlaw even sells shaving soaps anymore but if they do it may not even be the same formulation as the old pucks I have, mine are at least 3-4 years old.

I almost feel bad with how little I have been grooming my facial hair.
The one thing that helps me is knowing I don't have to be in public.
But still, I really feel lazy some days, haha!
My wife doesn't care as long as I trim it at least once a week (so it doesn't get pokey).
That said, I am ready to start going back to the office more, to keep myself in check!

Back