The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Video & Photo Editing Thread

Do you use Symbaloo all that much? Have you tried disabling Symbaloo or uninstalling it?

Well the new software...Cyber Link PowerDirector 16 and PhotoDirector 9 are really some good stuff. Fairly easy to use and a lot of really great features! I'm just trying to figure out where everything is and how to so the things that I want to do!

Throwing my two cents in here, I think PowerDirector and Vegas Movie Studio are excellent, low-cost video editors (I use the "Pro" version of Vegas myself, but really just for a couple features that the "Studio" version doesn't have and most people wouldn't know how to use anyway).

I'm amazed how good phone cameras have gotten: my Samsung takes 4K video if I want it to. When I first started uploading to Youtube in 2006 (!) 640p was almost a luxury; I still have some old videos on my channel that are at 320p....

I have used a tripod propped up on my sink but I was a little nervous about stability so I built a removable shelf at eye level across my bathroom mirror. ?

Throwing my two cents in here, I think PowerDirector and Vegas Movie Studio are excellent, low-cost video editors (I use the "Pro" version of Vegas myself, but really just for a couple features that the "Studio" version doesn't have and most people wouldn't know how to use anyway).

I'm amazed how good phone cameras have gotten: my Samsung takes 4K video if I want it to. When I first started uploading to Youtube in 2006 (!) 640p was almost a luxury; I still have some old videos on my channel that are at 320p....

I have used a tripod propped up on my sink but I was a little nervous about stability so I built a removable shelf at eye level across my bathroom mirror.
1f642.png
Nice info and Welcome to the Cadre !!

Thanks Mantic for the insight! I'm really enjoying Powerdirector right now. It is much easier than I expected and a lot of great features!

And welcome to the Cadre!

I'm also using PowerDirector and PowerPhoto by Cyberlink and have had pretty good success with it. As Don pointed out, it's fairly easy to use and manipulate. There are a ton of features it it, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what the program is capable of doing.

I'm also using PowerDirector and PowerPhoto by Cyberlink and have had pretty good success with it. As Don pointed out, it's fairly easy to use and manipulate. There are a ton of features it it, and I haven't even scratched the surface of what the program is capable of doing.

Josh...are using PowerDirector on a PC or tablet or other mobile device? I'm using mine on my laptop as well as the PhotoDirector. I haven't figured out the PhotoDirector as well as the other...but I just need to take the time. I am assuming PowerPhoto is an app for your phone.

Question. Is there a way, just with iMovie to dub over a video. i.e. if you want to narrate on top of a video you shot previously.

I'm not sure about narrating in iMovie. But I've added in other audio tracks on top, so I think you can.

As long as the dubbed audio is brought in as a separate track, you can turn down the video’s sound to 0% and line up the dub track where you want it to play.

You can adjust the video’s sound level by importing it into the project, putting it into the timeline (lower half of the program screen), and with the video track selected, you’ll see in the preview window (right upper side where the actual frame you’re on pops up), above the preview is a volume icon, click it and you can set the volume as you like.

Ok, I'm resurrecting the thread. I'm considering doing a few videos and was wondering if anyone has any suction cup mounts they would recommend for phone recording. I picked one up to try for around $9 shipped, but it holds the phone at weird angles. Meant for connecting to a sloped windshield, not a vertical mirror with the phone pointed right at ya.

Ok, I'm resurrecting the thread. I'm considering doing a few videos and was wondering if anyone has any suction cup mounts they would recommend for phone recording. I picked one up to try for around $9 shipped, but it holds the phone at weird angles. Meant for connecting to a sloped windshield, not a vertical mirror with the phone pointed right at ya.
They are not cheap, However a RAM mount brand might work for you. it allows for all sorts of postioning and has one of, if not the best suction cup mount it can take very high MPH in the wind and stay solid.... ( dont ask How i know that ), but if you have a shelf or anything you can wrap around I really like the JOBY Camera Mounts Tons of options, I shoot all my shave videos with it

Hope that helps

I use i bendy legged tripod and a suction cup hook together. Just bend a leg into a hook and adjust the rest as needed.

20201116_180015.jpg

Back