The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The TSC Coffee Shop

Drinking a cuppa this. It is definitely improving my afternoon.

Nothing fancy, just a simple pour over.

šŸ˜‚
I actually got it from my church cafe because they were getting rid of a bunch of ā€œjunkā€. Took it apart got it all cleaned up and it looked brand new. Not bad for $1.50. Used it every morning for a couple years before dropping the thing in the sink and had the glass shatter. I was pretty much hooked on it at that point so picked up another one.

It needs a disclaimer sign, under the first sign that states ā€œThe company takes no responsibility for the possible resulting gastrointestinal effects!ā€
Nah. This is my personal coffee station. No one gets the good stuff but me!

giphy.gif

I asked my coffee guy to send me a bag of something he thinks Iā€™d like. So when Iā€™m supposed to be working from home and find out my new computerā€™s wifi isnā€™t working I brew up some Kenya AA and work on my tan.

7F07A4A0-256E-46F5-879B-7D23CD6419AD.jpeg

Go to youtube, search for "Drinks and Daves" and watch the show recorded tonight (6/29/23). Guest is a coffee roaster, very informative. Of course, you'll want to subscribe and like. :)

So after watching the above podcast ^^^, I went to their guest's website berksbeans.com and ordered a couple of decaf bags. I chose Costa Rica La Magnolia, and Bali Hai Organic Indonesia Blend. You select the bean, choose your roast preference (I chose medium, or "City"), and grind, if you prefer it ground. I did that about 6:30pm Pacific time on Tuesday 6/27. He roasts each order on demand. Tonight I received my order, roasted on 6/27 !

You all need to check this guy out - he's the real deal. And for goodness sakes, watch the podcast ^^^ !

That is all.

Edit:
Mixup on dates: above post was incorrectly marked as 6/29 though it was 6/26. That makes Tuesday the 27th the roast day, with arrival today, Friday 6/30.

Last edited:
Back