The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Travel Channel

I've been to Vegas several times, and pretty well know my way around, but I'm going again in a week or two, so does anybody have any recommendations of must see/must visit/must eat here? Maybe some place I have missed?

It wasn't open yet when I was last down there. But I ate at Wahlburgers in Boston it was pretty darn good. It's worth stopping at. 400 Degree pizza is a fun place for lunch and reasonably priced.

My wife and I splurged and ate at Gordon Ramsey Steak. We would go back.

If Penn and Teller is in town that's a fun a show to go to. But aside from that go off the strip and just enjoy some cheaper blackjack and Pai Gow.

Last time I stayed at the Mirage I won a Poker Tournament. Tournaments are plenty there and fairly inexpensive to join. I took first place and won $3800.

Then mosey on up to Salt Lake and I'll take you out for a beer.

I've been to Vegas several times, and pretty well know my way around, but I'm going again in a week or two, so does anybody have any recommendations of must see/must visit/must eat here? Maybe some place I have missed?

Taken the dam tour yet?

If you've been, then you know about the shows. My favorite is Le Reve, and the Michael Jackson one was surprisingly good with an awesome end. Off the trip my favorite things have been the dam and renting a car to go to the red rocks park.

A little secret I like to let people know about that want to splurge is a restaurant called E. It's a hidden restaurant inside another restaurant that normally books 3 months out, but we lucked out and got in with less lead time. There are only 8 seats and two seatings a night. It's a tasting menu with 28 courses when we went, but most are one or two bites. You don't leave hungry though. The best part is you're seated at a bar around the chefs as they assemble each course. Is very cool and it's one of those places you experience flavors you never thought possible.

If you've been, then you know about the shows. My favorite is Le Reve, and the Michael Jackson one was surprisingly good with an awesome end. Off the trip my favorite things have been the dam and renting a car to go to the red rocks park.

A little secret I like to let people know about that want to splurge is a restaurant called E. It's a hidden restaurant inside another restaurant that normally books 3 months out, but we lucked out and got in with less lead time. There are only 8 seats and two seatings a night. It's a tasting menu with 28 courses when we went, but most are one or two bites. You don't leave hungry though. The best part is you're seated at a bar around the chefs as they assemble each course. Is very cool and it's one of those places you experience flavors you never thought possible.

It better be 28 courses with that portion size!

If Penn and Teller is in town that's a fun a show to go to.
Agreed! I went two years ago for my birthday and we saw them. I would definitely see them again.

Then mosey on up to Salt Lake and I'll take you out for a beer.
Would love to. But this is not a pleasure trip, it's business and I wont have much time for anything really.

Taken the dam tour yet?
Yep, did that one on my Birthday trip as well. Being an engineer, that was very cool.

That sounds amazing, but I don't think it would fit in with my diet (Keto).

Ok, what's with the luggage stores in the airport? My wife wants a specific brand and I started looking for Christmas. I could get it online, but figured I'd look in a store as well. Their closest location to me is in the SF airport. What good does that do anyone??? Those stores are behind security, so even if you wanted to go there just to shop, you can't. And half the people passing by it are on the way to their plane with their luggage already checked.

Ok, what's with the luggage stores in the airport? My wife wants a specific brand and I started looking for Christmas. I could get it online, but figured I'd look in a store as well. Their closest location to me is in the SF airport. What good does that do anyone??? Those stores are behind security, so even if you wanted to go there just to shop, you can't. And half the people passing by it are on the way to their plane with their luggage already checked.

That is one thing that has always confused me. What kind of sales are they getting? Must be someone breaks a wheel so they switch to the new luggage.

It’s like the food/gear vendors in stadiums. The people are basically trapped there cause they don’t want to deal with having to get back in, so they pay the exorbitant prices out of convenience.

It’s like the food/gear vendors in stadiums. The people are basically trapped there cause they don’t want to deal with having to get back in, so they pay the exorbitant prices out of convenience.
I understand that with other things in the airport you would use as gifts, or maybe on the plane like headphones. But luggage, unless you see a new roller bag and you're going to swap out right there, one would assume you already have something you're using at that point. I dunno, maybe it's just to get the people that travel to see them and they'll ship to your house for free or something.

maybe it's just to get the people that travel to see them and they'll ship to your house for free or something.

Alright who gave you permission to come in here and use logic? HUH? LOL just kidding. But in all seriousness that makes the most sense.

On the luggage thing...I can say that I had to make a purchase in one of those stores of a roller carry on bag after my shoulder bag got a bit much during my 13 hour layover in Dubaii a couple of years ago. Was a very good investment...albeit slightly overpriced.

On the luggage thing...I can say that I had to make a purchase in one of those stores of a roller carry on bag after my shoulder bag got a bit much during my 13 hour layover in Dubaii a couple of years ago. Was a very good investment...albeit slightly overpriced.

Bag was too heavy after all the edt and edp you purchased huh?

Sort of. I’ve been to Africa, on Deployment, and seen some stuff, but wasn’t an official safari.

My grandmother did one two years ago. The pictures are amazing and it is on my bucket list for sure.

And yes, thank all you other guys for you help
1f601.png

Back