The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Rolls Razor

Oh and I had just watched Chad's most recent video so his sign-off was in my head lol

Maybe i will use it again tomorrow. I plan on doing a shave vlog.

it's hard to say. Mine appears to be a 1930s model witch are harder to find the post WW2 Aluminum ones are easier to find but some people are kinda proud of them. I think i got mine for $15-20 a few years ago but that may have been a steal for the age and condition of it. They Originally sold for around $10-20 new back in the day.

Edit: A quick look on the bay and there are several listed at pretty reasonable prices. at least 1 that looks good that has a BIN w/ shipping that would be under $20

I have about a dozen of those, and some spare/replacement parts. I just never learned how to hone anything, so they sit. Eventually I’ll get some of them in working order, and actually use one.

Thanks for sharing, that’s really cool! I always loved the deco on the container.

I have about a dozen of those, and some spare/replacement parts. I just never learned how to hone anything, so they sit. Eventually I’ll get some of them in working order, and actually use one.

send one on the better blades my way and i can get it sharp for you.

Kyle, nice informative video. I've seen them and knew the basics but nice to have it gone over in detail. I have a friend that has a bunch of these and may get one again someday and try to use it

I saw one of these in person but sadly it was in such bad shape and the shop owner wanted WAY to much for it so I passed.

That's cool, thanks for the video. I would like to say I'll pick on up and try it out. But I don't think I'd be very successful with it.

Back