The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

So Flat has been unhappy with the weather here in Vegas since he arrived. He heard it was in the low 90's last week and now that he's here....its in the low 50's. He's taken to hanging out with my calendar....

IMG_20191030_125408162_HDR.jpg

Someone get this boy to the beach...pronto. And get him a Mai-Tai. And a tan.

So...after yesterday's chilly weather and spending most of the day laying on the calendar beach, Flat agreed that it was Mai-Tai time when we got back home...

IMG_20191030_175234866.jpg

Flat was very partial to the Original Trader Vic's recipe....modified for modern rum availability, of course. Then we had some tasty pork chops and watched a movie.....Flat's pick for the evening? Spiderman: Far From Home.

Well, geez! Look at the size of those bottles compared to the poor little guy! You let him drink that much??? I'm amazed he's still above ground.

I wasn't watching him all night. He snuck out of the guest room when I was sleeping. But don't worry, he's got an iron stomach.....only puked for about 2 or 3 minutes this morning. He's laying low right now.....must be nursing a hangover....Drinking plenty of water.

IMG_20191031_134531457.jpg

He says he'll be ready to go for the VGK watch party tonight....We'll see.

So Flat recovered enough during the day to go with me and the wife to a Vegas Golden Knights watch party at our local pub. But before we headed over he wanted to pre-game.....

IMG_20191030_172853889.jpg

….I tried to explain to him that putting a Double IPA into the Randall Jr. was excessive. Thank goodness he relented.

We headed over to the pub and he ordered up a nice Moose Drool...

IMG_20191031_181850468.jpg

….Flat is still sporting the shades because he's kind of a big deal. Flat made friends with the waitress and I had to wave him off from asking for her number since Flat doesn't have a cell phone and she has a boyfriend (reportedly). Flat got to cheer GO KNIGHTS GO!! and had a great time but in the end, the Knights lost 27 seconds into the overtime period. Flat nearly lost his voice from cheering so loud.

When we got back to the house, Flat helped me finalize my picks from the Mystery Box....

IMG_20191028_183136623.jpg

Here's what I selected:
Italian Barber soap - Amici
Soap Commander soap - Ambition
Arko shave stick (never tried this before)
A really nice DE razor with a nice heavy handle (no name on the razor but I like the weight)
A refurbed Ever-Ready brush
Hen & Rooster pocket knife
Jack Daniels deck of playing cards
(not shown in photo, but Flat insisted I try them) Pack of Wilkinson Sword blades

I don't know anything about the brush, other than its in great condition and the razor is a total mystery (hence the name of this box)

I literally had to take the Italian Barber soap out so I could get the box closed. I didn't intend to take it at first. There's way more in there than I expected. Everyone here is so generous. I'll definitely be participating on the next Mystery Box.

Well, That's it from Vegas. Flat will be going back into the box tonight and be on his way to @NurseDave on Saturday. I've warned Flat that its foggy there and that Anchor Steam is the nectar of the Beer Gods.

Here's a final shot of us together....

IMG_20191031_215730325.jpg

Peace out, little dude.

BTW @heysi that looks like a cool table you have there.

That's the top of my bar. Its glass topped and I've filled it with all of the matchbook covers that my wife's Grandfather collected. Also added a few wine corks and beer caps. Every few years I take the top off and churn up the pile. The coolest ones always seem to show up each time.

Okay, I’m with Spider. I’m just making my first pass and I don’t know why you guys didn’t keep more.

Leave it to Dave to show us the entire contents of the box through the reflection in his glasses.

If you can’t make Friday, no worries. At least I’m not worried...

Back