The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The how many hobbies do you have?! Thread!

In fact......
Hi, My name is Dave.....
"Hi Dave"
I have TONS of Hobbies, and as @NurseDave puts in they are all of Spherical Depth ( Ballz deep for you heathens )
Proud of it!!! and nothing to hide!

In fact......
Hi, My name is Dave.....
"Hi Dave"
I have TONS of Hobbies, and as @NurseDave puts in they are all of Spherical Depth ( Ballz deep for you heathens )
Proud of it!!! and nothing to hide!
I think Dave’s hubris will lead to Sharon having one more hobby - collecting those brass ones. My money’s on Sharon

1631918670424.jpeg

What hobby don't I have :LOL: Let's see: blacksmithing, flintknapping, artifact hunting, hewing logs, restoring old tools, metal detecting, axe making, powder horn making, scrimshawing, and I'm sure I'm missing something but that's off the top of my head. Many of these hobbies have off-shoots like how metal detecting gets you into studying and collection old coins. Flintknapping got me into making pipe tomahawks and period stuff of all kinds. Restoring old tools got me into hanging old axes and restoring them which got me into hewing logs which got me into studying timber frame building. It's a vortex for sure. I always tell me wife that I was born for retirement and that if you show me a miserable retire man I bet he has no hobbies. Seriously, I know guys that hate retirement because they are bored. Huh?! I'm going to be so busy with hobbies I'll be having the time of my life!

I recently added disc golf to my list. I tried real golf. 8 months of the driving range 2x per week and lessons from my father-in-law with no noticeable improvement to my game made it less than enjoyable. I've gone disc golfing 4 times and I'm already starting to see improvements. Much more enjoyable for me.

I recently added disc golf to my list. I tried real golf. 8 months of the driving range 2x per week and lessons from my father-in-law with no noticeable improvement to my game made it less than enjoyable. I've gone disc golfing 4 times and I'm already starting to see improvements. Much more enjoyable for me.
That is another Deep Rabbit hole, I forget to add that one, but good excercise

I used to play when I lived near Charlotte. There were courses all over. Now it's a 2 hour drive to get to one, so it doesn't really work out anymore.

OK Ed, you asked for.

Traditional Wet Shaving
…. Aftershaves (yes, it’s separate)
…. Paladin Brushes
…. Oz Shaving Co. Brushes
…. CBL Soaps & Products
…. Southern Witchcrafts Soaps & Products

Vintage shaving collecting, especially:
…. Williams & Aqua Velva
…. Old Spice
…. Avon & Amway
…. Gillette/Ever-Ready/Gem/Weck Razors
…. Advertising Pieces
…. Shave Mugs/Vintage Brushes

Bar Soaps (I may have more bar soaps than I do shaving soaps)

Also
Spider-Man
Tarantulas/Spiders/Scorpions
Snakes
Fish/especially natives
Motorcycles
Uranium Glass
Blacklight Hunting
Bingo
Masonic Collectibles
Air Force Unit memorabilia/challenge coins/patches
Society for Creative Anachronism
Renaissance Festivals
Creepy Dolls
Furrybones
Creepy Clowns
Creepy Monkeys
Vomit Clocks
Ventriloquist Dummies
Ghost Hunting/The Paranormal
Aliens
Skulls/The Macabre/Oddities
Animal figurines that are humanly anatomically correct
Halloween
Horror
Camping/Hiking
Rock Climbing/Rappelling
Aviation
Swimming/Snorkeling
Houseplants
Fishing
Cooking
Gardening
Hot Peppers/Spicy Food
Making Salsa/Hot Sauce
Canning/Fermenting
Gin/Scotch
Star Wars/Boba Fett
Mandalorian/Baby Grogu
E.T.
Movies
Music
Insane Clown Posse
Yo-Yos

Old hobbies from my youth that I still have, but don’t add to:
Rock Collecting
Hot Air Balloon Pins
Coins/Stamps
Smurfs

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few....
1697548689006.png

You need this, too bad it’s not for sale…

Back