The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The how many hobbies do you have?! Thread!

Somnos

In the Arms of Angels
IN MEMORIAM
Veteran
As I have travelled the many varied world of rabbit holes, I have met many a fine traveller on the way. I have also figured out that holy smokes I have many hobbies (so my Bride has pointed out) ...and so do most of my friends. But not just “passing” hobbies I am talking full on obsessions! So how many do you have?! I am fully engaged in several other forums and I have attended post secondary education for many and hold certifications in most.

1. Wet Shaving
2. Firearms
3. Photography
4. Guitars/Amps/Effects
5. Wine
6. Whiskey
7. Football (Soccer)
8. Watches
9. Soon to be Pens me thinks....
10. Musicology

Watching “Queen’s Gambit”....nothing “simple” about chess....👍 My list isn’t in any order as I take them as they come up! ADD Hobbiest.

On reflection, every once in a while i catch myself with a huge collection of really nice cardboard boxes piling up. Its really amusing. 😂 most times its boxes inside boxes. I aways end up tossing them but the thought “thats a really nice box; maybe i’ll have need for it” is always there. /smdh

On reflection, every once in a while i catch myself with a huge collection of really nice cardboard boxes piling up. Its really amusing. 😂 most times its boxes inside boxes. I aways end up tossing them but the thought “thats a really nice box; maybe i’ll have need for it” is always there. /smdh
Ssssssssh, my Bride will hear you....she’ll throw out my boxes! Come on, you know they can hear us think...😂.

Wet shaving
Pens
Numismatics but haven't been to a show in awhile thanks covid!
Blu rays
Reading as well
Camping gear
Officiating
Whiskey
Beer
Grills and smokers I own 5 currently

That's everything I spend my money on that is just for me

I didn’t throw “reading” on my list as a hobby but am a veracious reader especially as it relates to hobbies.

I didn’t throw “reading” on my list as a hobby but am a veracious reader especially as it relates to hobbies.
I put it there because I'm always buying and selling books. When I'm done reading a book if I don't think I'll read it again it goes up for sale.

Numismatics
That is really quite interesting. I inherited my Grandfather’s coin and paper money collection. I consider myself a caretaker though. He travelled extensively for work and collected all along the way. Have no idea what it maybe worth but it has sentimental value to me....

That is really quite interesting. I inherited my Grandfather’s coin and paper money collection. I consider myself a caretaker though. He travelled extensively for work and collected all along the way. Have no idea what it maybe worth but it has sentimental value to me....
My grandpa ended up going blind but had a coin collection. I also inherited it. But growing up he took me to the shows and it was something we did together. I continue to add to it and it's truly a hobby. My favorite pieces are my civil war tokens.

I know what certain pieces are worth in my collection but times would have to be extremely hard before I start selling pieces. Way too much sentimental value

My grandpa ended up going blind but had a coin collection. I also inherited it. But growing up he took me to the shows and it was something we did together. I continue to add to it and it's truly a hobby. My favorite pieces are my civil war tokens.

I know what certain pieces are worth in my collection but times would have to be extremely hard before I start selling pieces. Way too much sentimental value
Yeah I can relate to that it all just means too much to me also. I remember as a kid listening to his stories about how he got the coins or the prizes in his collection. Miss my Grandfather quite a lot.

I’ve recently put a lot of hobbies to bed but my current ones are:

1. Poker Games.
2. Shaving.
3. Classic movies (Just watched Anatomy Of A Murder).
4. Carpentry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve recently put a lot of hobbies to bed but my current ones are:

1. Poker Games.
2. Shaving.
3. Classic movies (Just watched Anatomy Of A Murder).
4. Carpentry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the classics myself.

• Wet Shaving - duh 😂😂😂
  • Guitars - mainly electrics
  • History - really into WWII related history but also dabble in anything else that might catch my interest
  • Fountain Pens - not really adding to the collection currently, but still use one everyday at work
  • Pirates - my newest obsession...
  • Baseball - lifelong diehard fan of the Philadelphia Phillies
  • Reading

Back