The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Garden 2020

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Are you growing a garden this year? Could be a big plot or a tiny raised bed. Vegetables? Fruits? Flowers? Let us know what you’re growing and how it’s going!

Last year, my garden was a total loss. Overtaken by weeds. Lots of money and time down the drain.

This year I took steps to eliminate weeds.... for good! I covered the whole thing with landscape fabric, all 2300 sq ft! This stuff should last 10 years, hopefully.

So far I’ve planted:

Tomatoes:
Big Beef
Pink Brandywine heirloom
Pineapple Beefsteak
Roma
Super Beefsteak
Brandywine

Peppers:
Ghost
Habanero
Cherry Bomb
Multicolored Bell
Still waiting on some seedlings for Aneheim, Boonie, and possibly Reaper.

Squash:
Zucchini
Summer Squash
Acorn
Butternut
Spaghetti

Also: Okra, Onion, Cucumber, Asparagus.

And a few more things to go, including: Strawberry, beans, peas, radishes, and pumpkin.

And the three trees are peach trees. Every year they get decimated by Asian beetles. Hopefully I can thwart them this year.
10C1834B-06CE-4185-8A41-B1E610082B84.jpegC3809B6D-07DB-4417-9F15-2EE5BC29680C.jpeg

A garden, eh? Hmmmmm :unsure: I should probably give this a try once the overnight frost warnings cease for the year.
What do you think, @BarberDave ? Maybe some tomatoes, carrots, beets and lettuce just to see if I can grow something?

A garden, eh? Hmmmmm :unsure: I should probably give this a try once the overnight frost warnings cease for the year.
What do you think, @BarberDave ? Maybe some tomatoes, carrots, beets and lettuce just to see if I can grow something?
YES! more tomato salad Pictures YAY!!!

Harvest from last two days. Most larger than average store size. Probably have close to this much ready to pick tomorrow too.

And our biggest Zucchini to date! 5lbs 4 oz.
Anyone else find this a bit disturbing????? LOL and worse yet you guys do see it right?. If not I need to go to the see an exorcist HAHAHA

spooky.jpg

Anyone else find this a bit disturbing????? LOL and worse yet you guys do see it right?. If not I need to go to the see an exorcist HAHAHA

View attachment 29421
I thought you were gonna mention the Nightmare before Christmas stuff on the top shelf to the left...... Until i looked closer i was about to think KJ was into some form of Earth Magick (the correct spelling by the way) but then i realized it was Nightmare before Christmas stuff when I saw the worms wort.

I thought you were gonna mention the Nightmare before Christmas stuff on the top shelf to the left...... Until i looked closer i was about to think KJ was into some form of Earth Magick (the correct spelling by the way) but then i realized it was Nightmare before Christmas stuff when I saw the worms wort.
HAHA I did not even see that, soon as I opened it that "Thing" Called out to me LOL

That's awesome, KJ! All we have is baby leaf lettuce, sage, oregano, basil, and a bunch of tomato plants (with only six or so dime-sized tomatoes showing so far :( )

We have some small peppers and some large tomatoes, but nothing is turning color yet.

Back