The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Frankenshave Lab

Only 2 of the mixes indicate amounts. Are the others all equal amounts of each item to mix? 1/2 of each if 2 things to mix and 1/3 each if 3 to mix?
Yes, if a specific recipe isn’t given, then it’s assumed to be equal parts.

Thanks
1f60e.png
I try to never assume
Sorry, that’s the way it always was when we posted recipes at the other site.

Citrus and spice with a side of burning hellfire....
I think it smells like the Haribo Gummi Cola Bottles taste... Plus the hellfire as KJ mentioned.

I love Florida Water. I have 8 unopened glass bottles of it in my den.
1f603.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f60d.png

I love Florida Water. I have 8 unopened glass bottles of it in my den.
1f603.png
1f44d.png
1f44d.png
1f60d.png
Wow! I don’t really care for it myself, but found a glass bottle, so had to buy it. Good for mixing I guess.

I think it smells like the Haribo Gummi Cola Bottles taste... Plus the hellfire as KJ mentioned.
I pulled my glass bottle of it out to use it tomorrow. Opened it up and gave it a sniff, and I agree. I can see where you get that scent from it. It’s been years since I actually used it. I like it a bit better now.

Rich's Mongoose:
In an empty Tabasco bottle: (Get pretty much all you want from Chipotles if you ask them)
Mostly Everclear
Some Glycerine
Then start putting in Menthol crystals til no more will dissolve. Leave a little headroom for more Everclear because sometimes Menthol will precipitate if you exceed a saturated solution.

This stuff is colder than a DI's stare!

I'm finding I don't use it as much as I used to. But sometimes its nice to have a straight cryo splash. Then add something for fragrance.

Darn it...Everclear is illegal in CA. Perhaps there is a way to do a faux Mongoose with Osage. If I ever get a hold of menthol and glycerin, I’ll have to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing that though Rich!

Also, at some point, unless a wiki-like feature appears, I will find a way to condense all of the recipients that appear into one list for ease of use. Some day when I’m bored to death. ?

I also have an ever-evolving Bay Rum I call DFET (Dog From Every Town). It's a mix of pretty much every Bay Rum I've come across. Oh yeah! Don't for get GABELS Bay Rum to your list of essentials. It's even available in Gallon sizes on Amazon with a pump lid!

A more expensive solution to the Everclear problem might be to find Perfumers alcohol. Mongoose 1.0 was made with rubbing alcohol, 1.5 was with some alcohol I got from the Pharmacy, then Everclear because it was cheaper.

Darn it...Everclear is illegal in CA. Perhaps there is a way to do a faux Mongoose with Osage. If I ever get a hold of menthol and glycerin, I’ll have to give it a try.

Thanks for sharing that though Rich!

Also, at some point, unless a wiki-like feature appears, I will find a way to condense all of the recipients that appear into one list for ease of use. Some day when I’m bored to death.
1f602.png

You could always purchase lab or food grade denatured alcohol or perfumers alcohol. Just have to watch out of the ratio. Probably not as cheep as Everclear...but might be a better product for what you are using it for.

I also have an ever-evolving Bay Rum I call DFET (Dog From Every Town). It's a mix of pretty much every Bay Rum I've come across. Oh yeah! Don't for get GABELS Bay Rum to your list of essentials. It's even available in Gallon sizes on Amazon with a pump lid!

A more expensive solution to the Everclear problem might be to find Perfumers alcohol. Mongoose 1.0 was made with rubbing alcohol, 1.5 was with some alcohol I got from the Pharmacy, then Everclear because it was cheaper.

I guess I should have kept reading. Man Rich is on the ball!

To official specifications, my tester of Bootlegger’s Bay Run is mixed!

Equal parts PC VIBR, Superior 70, and Master Bay Rum. I think I’ll try a shave with it tomorrow!

Update: Beginning to rework OP and create list structure.

Submissions welcome as are formatting suggestions!

Mixes already posted will be integrated.

Back