The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Frankenshave Lab

I like Clubman, so formulated this recipe:
12 parts Pinaud Clubman
4 parts Lucky Tiger
1 part Old Spice

I call it Lucky Old Man

Add menthol crystals to it & it’s called Chilly Old Man

Tinkered with @equal parts of Pinaud VIBR, Whiskey Woods, Brandy Spice and Gents Gin. Still unsure of the scent. Probably would have been better without the bay rum. I was going to call it Happy Hour ?

List updated to include Lucky Old Man, Chilly Old Man, and Happy Hour. Thanks guys!

We are an oriental fragrance heavy list!

If anyone has some good woody or floral mixes, please dig em out!

If anyone feels that a mix has been placed in the wrong category, don’t be afraid to speak up.

I had received a sample size of Stirling Texas on Fire Witch Hazel. My wife was not a fan of it straight, so I tried to give it to a coworker. He took it home, but his wife vetoed it as well. Except when he brought it back to me, he left it in the car and the bottle got a little warm and deformed. I thought I couldn't give it away at this point and decided to make a concoction. This is what I came up with.

4 parts Clubman
1 part Stirling Texas on Fire WH
I call it Fireman

It feels great and smells like you took him out of the club and put him around a campfire.

List updated with Fireman!

Sorry, I saw the post a while ago but it skipped my mind to come back and put it up!

Today I began my “bottomless” bottle of witch hazel/aloe blend. The bottle gets poured into an empty soap dispenser for daily use. The dispenser holds about 1/2 of what the bottle holds. The idea is to keep topping off the big bottle with ingredients so that it has time to mix thoroughly (the aloe gel in particular needs time to break up) and never fully empties.

Currently has about 80% witch hazel (a generic/Thayers Medicated/Dickenson’s original), 10% aloe gel, and 10% Florida Water and Osage for some extra scenting and freshness.

Still waiting for the mixture to totally homogenize, so I can sample it and see what it needs, if anything.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Old Musky
1 part Old Spice AS
1 part Aqua Velva Musk
That sounds like it could be a good one. I'll have to try to mix that up when I get back home.

And Welcome to The Cadre! Be sure to hit the Newbie forum up and introduce yourself.

Back