The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Double Edge Adventures of Somnos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 12, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Stirling Orange Chill
Additional Care:
Bath & Body Works Citron
Omega Alum Stick

August 17, 2021

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior 1949-52
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: RazoRock Chubby Extra - Silvertip Badger 27.5mm knot
Lather: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Cafe au Lait
Additional Care:
Guerlain Habit Rouge
Omega Alum Stick

All caught up Cadre! I have been enjoying the smoker and jawing about all things other than shaving for a bit. Need to get back to it! Stay safe!

Never tried the Kai DE blades. Maybe when I run out of what I'm using.
Hey Bruce they live in the same realm as Feather when it comes to sharpness. Also, they are a bit stiffer. I like them in certain razors and have a bunch...but I have a bunch of many. I can throw a couple of tucks in the mail for ya!

Hey Bruce they live in the same realm as Feather when it comes to sharpness. Also, they are a bit stiffer. I like them in certain razors and have a bunch...but I have a bunch of many. I can throw a couple of tucks in the mail for ya!
Well, thank you, Ed! I'll PM you. 😀

A relaxing Sunday shave. Been a bit since I put a Nacet into a razor and @woodpusher seems to be enjoying them so why not today. The Rocket HD is a perfect all around razor. Great weight, construction and mild. They did them right.

Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500 1955-56
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Paragon Shaving BLS-1 - 25mm *Muhle Rytmo style knot
Lather: Dr Jon’s Flowers in the Dark V3
Aftershave: Dr Jon’s Flowers in the Dark
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Victor Rolf Spicebomb

My Crown Royal Peach whisky* review was covered in the Zoom call. In a nutshell, shoot it like medicine. Don't swish'n'swirl it around on your tastebuds. The quick down-the-hatch approach is how I will be addressing the bottle.

My Crown Royal Peach whisky* review was covered in the Zoom call. In a nutshell, shoot it like medicine. Don't swish'n'swirl it around on your tastebuds. The quick down-the-hatch approach is how I will be addressing the bottle.
Life is to short to drink bad whisk(e)y. Just dump it and move on or gift it to a neighbor your not that fond of.

He'll be 45 next month but I bet that I currently have better cardio than he does. Ball skills are an entirely different matter. 😜

Oh yeah in a straight line no problem…just hope it isn’t BBQ you are trying to out run him to! All kidding aside, also one of the greatest players of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back