The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Double Edge Adventures of Somnos...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I haven’t updated the journal in awhile. Shaves have been going well with my 63 Slim and 60 Fatboy sitting top of the rotation.

Enjoying the BBQ/Smoker immensely, we’ll be doing up some chickens me thinks this weekend but we’ll see.

Throughly enjoying the new to me fountain pens that @woodpusher sent my way. The Lamy 2000 EF is fantastic but surprisingly the Wing Sung 601 is usually at hand.

Hope everyone is good. Happy Saturday!

It is with a heavy heart and pit in my stomach that I must inform you that our good friend, Ed, passed away recently a few weeks before his 52nd birthday. I found out today when his "lovely bride" Vesna contacted me to let me know.

If you wish to sign the guestbook, it is here.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to any charity of your choice.
f575c970-c930-4220-ab89-a05289729a49.jpg

My deepest condolences, Vesna, to you and your family. Words are simply not enough to express how sorry I am for your loss.

It is with a heavy heart and pit in my stomach that I must inform you that our good friend, Ed, passed away recently a few weeks before his 52nd birthday. I found out today when his "lovely bride" Vesna contacted me to let me know.

If you wish to sign the guestbook, it is here.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to any charity of your choice.
f575c970-c930-4220-ab89-a05289729a49.jpg

My deepest condolences, Vesna, to you and your family. Words are simply not enough to express how sorry I am for your loss.
Wait…what?! I’m in shock!

I’m so sorry to hear this news! I’m so sorry Vesna and family for this profound loss. My condolences. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. 😢

This is awful. I didn’t know Ed as well as many in TSC, but we exchanged quite a few emails and he was a pleasure to chat with and learn from. He was a kind, intelligent man. His family must be devastated. Words are not enough. Prayers for his family. May he Rest In Peace. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This isn't what I expected to see when I clicked on Ed's journal this evening and I'm at a loss for words. My deepest sympathies go out to his family. Ed was one of the guys I felt I knew best around here and I loved chatting Scotch and such with him. His presence around the TSC will be missed.

Myself, being new on The Cadre deeply regret not being able to become acquainted with this gent. My thoughts and prayers will be with those he held dear.

Still really don’t know what else to say. He was someone that I felt I had a lot to learn from and was very much looking forward to seeing him in Vegas. A gentleman for sure. I hope we can find a way to memorialize him here somehow.

Ed's obituary

Edgar Pinto
October 30, 1969 - October 8, 2021

PINTO, Edgar Gomes “Ed”

On Friday, October 8, 2021, Ed Pinto loving husband and son passed away at the age of 51. Ed was born October 30, 1969 in Toronto, Ontario to Ferdinando and Felisbela Pinto. On November 6, 2010 he married Vesna Talevski (Pinto). Ed was preceded in death by his mother Felisbela Pinto. He is survived by his wife Vesna and father Ferdinando.

Ed had a passion for music and a love for his large collection of guitars, which he would play often. He also loved photography, and explored taking pictures of nature or anything else that captured his interest. He loved his rather large collection of a fine traditional men’s safety razors. He recently took up writing using fountain pens, and explored writing in calligraphy, which he found relaxing. He had a love for food and fine wines. Ed loved to BBQ, he couldn’t get enough of his new meat smoker. Ed’s favourite passion was his love for soccer, Manchester United in particular, that was his team. Lastly but not least, his wife Vesna meant the world to him. He adored her and loved her unconditionally each and every day.

Ed originally joined the Governor General’s Horse Guards in Toronto. Reached the rank of Corporal with one tour Op Snowgoose to Cyprus with the Royal Canadian Dragoons from Petawawa. He transferred to the Canadian Military Intelligence Branch in the early 90s with 2 intelligence Company in Toronto, transferred to 2 intelligence Platoon in Ottawa and then returned to 2 intelligence Company in the early 2000s. Ed served with 2 intelligence Company until 2006. He also deployed to Bosnia with 2nd Royal Canadian Regiment Battle Group from Gagetown, New Brunswick. Ed was a top soldier, great Sergeant, outstanding instructor and a true intelligence professional.

COVID-19, attendance is limited and masks are mandatory. Friends may call at THORNTON CEMETERY & FUNERAL CENTRE, 1200 Thornton Road North, Oshawa, (South of Taunton Road and off of Dryden Blvd, 905-579-6787) on Wednesday, October 20 from 10 am until 1 pm, followed by a private family service. The family request no flowers, rather give to your favourite charity in Edgar’s name.
Expressions of condolence may be left at www.etouch.ca

This thread is being closed and we ask that you please continue to post here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back