The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Cutthroat Journey

Totally agree about becoming an ambidextrous shaver! It made things a lot less awkward for me.

I take it 2 WTG passes are your bread and butter for open blades? Does that get you pretty good reduction? I wish I could do that…just can’t get close enough without some XTG or ATG action! Stubble has become highly annoying for me so bc e starting this journey 😂

Totally agree about becoming an ambidextrous shaver! It made things a lot less awkward for me.

I take it 2 WTG passes are your bread and butter for open blades? Does that get you pretty good reduction? I wish I could do that…just can’t get close enough without some XTG or ATG action! Stubble has become highly annoying for me so bc e starting this journey 😂
I have really sensitive skin and even with a DE I can’t go ATG. I usually do 2 WTG passes and can get DFS. Definitely not bbs. I’m happy though. Enjoy the Journey!

Soap = delicious, especially the CBL Soaps Dragons Blood(lol)! I can shave with basically any Straight razor by my AC Kami likes to tear me UP! Still, its fun to break it out here and there even if its just for the masochism of tearing up my face(I think I still need to do a video with my AC)!

Wanted to share that I struggle with difficult skin as well and it just is what it is. Great shave!

Last edited:
Back