The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 7 Sins of Wetshaving

Dave...you are a show off...I think if I make a 7 Deadly Sins video you will be the subject of Envy!
1f61c.png

Dave...you are a show off...I think if I make a 7 Deadly Sins video you will be the subject of Envy!
1f61c.png

Nope not a show off, a sinner, LOL, and dont envy me, it could become expensive, LOL thanks for the kind words Don

Great stuff Dave, and thanks for the shout out! I went along similar lines for envy in the video I'm doing.

Most excellent sir, and thanks for the photo shout out, but your are outstanding as well, Great video!

Great new additions guys!

Cute puppy Chad!

Eric, totally with you on the WB SR and Aventus! Looking forward to some of your process videos. I was only able to do shop in Jr. High. but it was one of the most fun classes I ever had and really put me in love with wood scents.

I don't feel comfortable talking on camera, so I don't want to do a video. I will share some photos and description though if you are interested.

Greed:
My most expensive products would have to be my Paladin brush, Tanifuji straight razor, and MDC soap.

My least expensive would be Arko and Williams soaps (neither of them actually get used though), an Ever-Ready brush that was given to me, and my Razo-Rock Teck II razor.

Wrath:
I love to hate this Simpson emperor brush. I love the handle shape and size, but I hate that the knot is so floppy it is hard to even lather a cream.

Gluttony:
Probably my favorite two scents that I have are a no longer made sandalwood scent that is just a bit different than every other one I've tried, and a discontinued Soapy Bathman scent called Blackjack. Smells just like blackjack gum.

Sloth:
This handle was a turning project that was given to me probably about 2 years ago and I still have not gotten around to finishing it or putting a knot in it.

Pride:
There are a few items that fall into my pride category. Probably the highest ranking are the straight razor that I forged. A cased, un-used Gillette Tech razor that my wife actually spotted and pointed out to me. A Rubberset 400 that was my first re-knot and also found by the wife. And a Muhle synthetic brush that was an unexpected present from Scott at Captian's Choice.

Lust:
That is a bit of a list there haha! There are a lot of things that I see and think "Ooohhh! I want that!!".
But in all seriousness, probably the only thing that I really "need" that has eluded me so far is an Iwasaki Tomahagane western style straight razor.

Envy:
Probably the only people that I truly envy in the shaving community are the craftsmen with more talent and patience than I have to make amazing works of art. Everything from razors to brushes, and even the awesome photos you guys take.
Although I do sort of envy you guys that are comfortable enough to speak on camera to do the videos.
That would save me a lot of typing.

Awesome Shawn! That Soapy Bathman Black Jack was a Boss scent. The soap wasn't all that bad either...but that scent! Oh well, maybe someone else will come along and make one!

Excellent list Shawn! I tried a sample of the Soapy Bathman Blackjack during a sample pass around, and was so close to pulling the trigger on it. One of my regrets is that I didn't, since it is a fantastic scent.

Back