The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 7 Sins of Wetshaving

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Greetings TSC!

Have you ever heard of the 7 Sins of Wetshaving? There are lots of examples of these videos on YouTube, if you haven't. This thread will serve as a repository for TSC Members to post their 7 Sins of Wetshaving videos. All you need to do is record yourself talking about which product or products (hardware or software) most exemplify the sin in your den and why (limit to 2 or 3 max per category). So what are the 7 Sins as defined for Wetshaving?

1. Greed. The most expensive and inexpensive wet shaving products you own.

2. Wrath. The item in your den that you love to hate.

3. Gluttony. Your most delicious scent.

4. Sloth. The product/item you most neglect, out of laziness.

5. Pride. The item your most proud of.

6. Lust. The product you really want and you just can't get. (i.e. costs too much or unobtanium)

7. Envy. Who, in the wet shaving community, do you envy.

Cant wait to see your 1st video KJ, LOL, I will do one soon

Good video to kick it off Josh!

One quick question: what was the estate you mentioned, that your “Pride” SR (Napoleon?)was gifted from? What is the significance?

So in 2015/2016, the Ragg family, in France, liquidated their entire estate. As a part of the estate were a couple hundred razors from the early to mid-1800's that were never used, just displayed. They ranged from samples of every type of Ragg razor made to some prototypes that were never released to the public. This razor was bought from that estate sale (they did it through ebay), and gifted to me later on.

Good stuff Josh I am working on my list. Lust is a hard one for me. But I am trying to have fun with it.

EXCELLENT!!! Bravo sir...really...just Bravo! Love the list. But I have to say one thing...

Seriously! What are you trying to do...make the rest of us look bad. You and your fancy video effects. I'm just going to start calling you Michael Bay! "Hey there Mr. Bay. I really liked your over produced, action packed, gigantic special effects laden, seven minute YouTube clip."

Lol!

So in 2015/2016, the Ragg family, in France, liquidated their entire estate. As a part of the estate were a couple hundred razors from the early to mid-1800's that were never used, just displayed. They ranged from samples of every type of Ragg razor made to some prototypes that were never released to the public. This razor was bought from that estate sale (they did it through ebay), and gifted to me later on.

Very cool!

Fantastic video Josh, you seem to be enjoying the production side of things.

I hope to see a more and more of the 7 sins videos, they are a great addition to TSC for sure. Thanks K.J and NurseDave for bringing the 7 Sin idea to life here on The Shaving Cadre forum.

Great video Josh. Not sure I will ever get around to making one as I have never been drawn to making vids and the Tube, and the learning curve will be steep. But I am thoroughly enjoying your foray into videos!

Great video Josh. Not sure I will ever get around to making one as I have never been drawn to making vids and the Tube, and the learning curve will be steep. But I am thoroughly enjoying your foray into videos!
We're still curious. Go ahead and just post your answers to the list.

Sigh... I had one of them but had to downsize the den. Still miss it to this day but needed the funds.

Nice video Chris!

I liked your shout out to Chris. I got a good laugh out of the stones comments lol!

Great list Chris! I would love to take you up on that offer...but alas, I am not a fan of the Clubman scent. I'm probably the only one in the world too.

Great list Chris! I would love to take you up on that offer...but alas, I am not a fan of the Clubman scent. I'm probably the only one in the world too.

No.... No, you aren't. I couldn't get past just taking the cap off the bottle.

Back