The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SV Opuntia

Dagwoodz said:
I'm just waiting on it to show up at Maggard, as they have a couple of other items I'm waiting to get so I can combine it into one order. Almost pulled the trigger at BG last night, to be honest, however.
i like Maggard’s, and I do a LOT of my buying there but historically they have been very slow to get new SV products. Phil at BullGoose has used SV to produce some of his Asylum line so I think is is as close to a stateside retailer as a small shop can get...for now. I wonder if that fast growing full service barber shop (the Chambers?) will stock SV for retail/internet sales.

BG or Maggard’s, both are great sources for good product. Oh and if you decide to go BG you should add to the cart his Asylum Coloniali and his newer Fougere stuff...you won’t regret it.

Oh, if I do order something from BG, the Coloniali will be in there as well as the Royal Fougere EdT. Already have the soap and AS, so that would be the perfect capper!

DocHoliday0831 said:
Wait Asylum Coloniali? How did I miss that? (Leaves forum to go to bull goose page)

returns with lips poked out. I found a picture of it with a special listing if you buy an RX razor they will give you a tin but I can’t find the soap to buy only Flying Mango SV collaboration and I am unsure of that one.

CBLindsay said:
i like Maggard’s, and I do a LOT of my buying there but historically they have been very slow to get new SV products. Phil at BullGoose has used SV to produce some of his Asylum line so I think is is as close to a stateside retailer as a small shop can get...for now. I wonder if that fast growing full service barber shop (the Chambers?) will stock SV for retail/internet sales.

BG or Maggard’s, both are great sources for good product. Oh and if you decide to go BG you should add to the cart his Asylum Coloniali and his newer Fougere stuff...you won’t regret it.

We will be Chris, once the budget allows it, and also their top Secret "For barbers only" I will start a new thread for the Chambers Line soon including how to get now vs when the online shop goes live in a few months. Thanks for the mention

As to the Optunia.... Well you all know my take...... Best SV Ever and maybe best soap of All time, LOL As for me I buy direct from SV 4 day shipping, yest a bit more, but I like supporting Alessandro and his staff directly, plus I know it is fresh, and not a shelf sitter, since it is directly from the source. fun fact: did you know SV produces of 7500 TONS of soap a year and that does not include the Shaving line. WOW

Xenostr8shaver said:
We will be Chris, once the budget allows it, and also their top Secret "For barbers only" I will start a new thread for the Chambers Line soon including how to get now vs when the online shop goes live in a few months. Thanks for the mention

As to the Optunia.... Well you all know my take...... Best SV Ever and maybe best soap of All time, LOL As for me I buy direct from SV 4 day shipping, yest a bit more, but I like supporting Alessandro and his staff directly, plus I know it is fresh, and not a shelf sitter, since it is directly from the source. fun fact: did you know SV produces of 7500 TONS of soap a year and that does not include the Shaving line. WOW

I'd be more impressed if I didn't know that 1,000 of those tons reside in your house lol.

I'm itching for my tin of Opuntia to show up. I'm hoping it get's here by Thursday. That's a very special day to me, and one I'd like to commemorate with what is looking to be an amazing soap. I already know that this formulation is almost without peer, since I have it in Manna di Sicilia.

Smattayu said:
I'd be more impressed if I didn't know that 1,000 of those tons reside in your house lol.

I'm itching for my tin of Opuntia to show up. I'm hoping it get's here by Thursday. That's a very special day to me, and one I'd like to commemorate with what is looking to be an amazing soap. I already know that this formulation is almost without peer, since I have it in Manna di Sicilia.

it is manna with a boss scent !!!!!!

You guys do know that it is Opuntia, not Optunia, right? Opuntia means prickly pear.

I don't know if anyone else is waiting, but I just checked and Maggard has this in stock now, but the AS is out of stock already. <sigh>

Go direct the shipping is not that much more and 4 day delivery from Italy

Back