The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Sumo March 2023 Tourney and Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
It is TIME!!! Here we go. Who we got? We getting a Yokozuna after this basho?

Here is the link for the TSC Contest. To make this a little more fun and interesting, the winner of the basho will receive one pack of Sumo Cards. Last day to enter is 3/11/2023 NOON MT.

To help with your selections here are the categories:

Ozeki and Sekiwake
Komosubi
M1 to M5
M6 to M10
M11 to M16
M16 and M17
J1 to J5
J6 to J10
J11 to J14

Selections. Contest closed:

TSC UsernameOzeki and SekiwakeKomosubiM1 to M5M6 to M10M11 to M15M16 and M17J1 to J5J6 to J10J11 to J14
Luecke3262TakakeishoDaieshoNishikigiUraKinbozanMitoryuAsanoyamaGonoyamaOchiai
BarberDaveTakakeishoWakamotoharuKotoshohoTakayasuTakanoshoTsurugishoIchinojoAtamifujiShimanoumi
MajorrichTakakeishoWakamotoharuMidorifujiMyogiryuOhoTsurugishoAsanoyamaDaiamamiKitanowaka
uacowboyTakakeishoKotonowakaAbiHokutofujiTakarafujiTsurugishoTohakuryuAkuaOchiai
cvargoTakakeishoDaieshoRyudenSadanoumiKotoekoTsurugishoTohakuryuGonoyamaKitanowaka
SpiderHoshoryuTobizaruRyudenIchiyamamotoAzumaryuChiyoshomaAsanoyamaAkuaKitanowaka
FensterTakakeishoKotonowakaAbiTakayasuKotoekoMitoryuAsanoyamaGonoyamaKitanowaka

Last edited:
You spelled Kiribayama wrong.

Why are the maegashira ranks disproportionate? And weren't you going to include Juryo? (Or is there a second page that I'm not seeing right now?)

You spelled Kiribayama wrong.

Why are the maegashira ranks disproportionate? And weren't you going to include Juryo? (Or is there a second page that I'm not seeing right now?)
Fixed Kiribayama misspelling... Thank you

Maegashira goes pretty deep this tourney. So the last group is the lowest rank. This seemed best way to split it. Based off how assignments are assigned in first week.

Juryo is on page 2.

OK. Thanks. It just wouldn't let me see the 2nd page without filling out the first page.

I updated the first post to help people know how the breakdowns are in the contest so you can research before filling out the form.

This reminds me of the 1st time that I went to the Greyhound races. NO IDEA, so I picked the one that took a crap before entering the starting gate. Do Sumo do this before fighting? if so I pick them.....

Choices entered

The single pack of cards arrived today for the winner of the contest... And some stuff for me to get free shipping of course.

20230310_151226.jpg

Got my pics in. I have no idea what I'm doing. Last couple of times, I went off of trends and past performances (you wouldn't believe the spreadsheets I built to track this), but it didn't work out for me in the least. So this time I just kinda picked at random and some of the rikishi I like. We'll see how that goes.

Based off the Discord it seems rumble is people's preferred watching this Basho... We shall see. That's where I am trying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back