Deprecated: Optional parameter $tapatalkHead declared before required parameter $xfOriginData is implicitly treated as a required parameter in /home1/theshax7/public_html/src/addons/Tapatalk/Listener/Hook.php on line 210
The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shaves for VLOGers

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Bingo Wizard
Concierge
Greetings Cadre! A while back I suggested the idea of getting the VLOGers united in common shaves by doing stunt shaves, or doing something unusual for one shave a month. There was a little bit of interest then, and has since been rekindled.

I inadvertently started it a couple shaves ago with a speed shave. Basically lather and shave in a very short period of time. Start to finish, my 4 pass shave was under 5 minutes. Total video was under 7, including intro & outtro (good luck with that GearNoir). So if you’d like to join this inaugural stunt, just do a speed shave sometime before the end of the month.

Going Forward. I will announce the stunt of the month, at the beginning of the month, and you will have all month to get that Shave VLOG accomplished. Easy, right?

Some ideas I have for future stunts:

Off handed shave

Blindfolded Shave

Using a 3-piece DE with no handle

Using a 3-piece DE with no safety bar (DEvette)

Using a bar/bath soap for your lather

Lathering with no brush

Using an alternative substance to shave with (no soap or any common substitute)

Shaving with just a blade

I’ll come up with some more ideas, but if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

So who’s interested in participating?

Well, yes. I wouldn't commit to all of those. I might try a three piece without a handle, though I don't see it working too well. The blade alone is an injury waiting to be caught on film. And I'll try something other than lather and try to use soap with no brush. I'll do an off-hand shave and likely blindfold.

Like I said guys, these are just ideas, and I’m open to other suggestions.

I'm game. I tend you use both hands when i shave so that one feels less stunt like for me personally but i know others don't do that. Should be interesting at the very least.

I'm game. I tend you use both hands when i shave so that one feels less stunt like for me personally but i know others don't do that. Should be interesting at the very least.
Do you use both hands on each side? The idea is whatever hand you use for that side, you would use the other.

Speed shave? I suppose speeding up the video x10 doesn’t count?
1f60b.png

I could probably do the majority of those listed. A devette I don’t have. The blindfolded shave might need some modification for my longer sideburns. The blade-only shave might work with a half DE blade or a DE blade with one edge cut off.

Do you use both hands on each side? The idea is whatever hand you use for that side, you would use the other.

at times yeah. i could try and use the hand that feel least comfortable but i did a full "offhand" shave once and didn't feel to bad about it. I normally just use what i am feeling will get the best angle at that moment

Do you have a 3 piece razor? Assemble it without the base plate, and you have a DEvette (a DE shavette). It’s like using a shavette on a stick.

Actually i don't have one of those. Closest is the Rolls

Well since we only have a week to get this one in and I will be out of town and have only limited time for the forum next week from a hotel, I combined $1 Store razor shave #3 WITH Speedy Stunt shave #1. Assuming we post them here...............Here you go
https://youtu.be/yh_6FVfAK00

Sorry guys, I meant to start a new thread for posting the videos, I wanted this announcement thread in the general forum so more people saw it, then keep the videos in the video forum.

There will I’ll be a new thread started each month to keep the themes together.

And you can contribute anytime, just because it’s march, that doesn’t mean you can contribute to the February theme. It’s just that a new theme will start every month.

Back