The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Stunt Shaves: Brush Alternatives

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Greetings VLOGers! The next challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to lather your soap/cream without a shaving brush. Imagine you are on travel, visiting family, and you lost your only brush (maybe their dog or cat ran off with it). Now you must scour the house to try to find a suitable substitute to get your lather made!

This was in the plans, and Major Rich randomly decided to do a paint brush shave, so we will follow suit for this next challenge.

What will you find? A paint brush, artist’s brush, makeup brush, hair brush, toothbrush, toilet brush, shoe shine brush, wire brush, dust brush, or maybe something else entirely! Be creative, and have fun!

wire brush
I think I can confidently speak for the owners when I say that this site, any of the site's owners or members at large take no responsibility for any harms related to some fool following this crazy man's rantings.

I think I can confidently speak for the owners when I say that this site, any of the site's owners or members at large take no responsibility for any harms related to some fool following this crazy man's rantings.

All I asked was what kind of brushes would you find as you looked around your house..... I never said anything about using a wire brush.

Gimme a little credit Kyle

1f601.png
I just figured it should be said. Would be an entertaining video though!

It looks so funny when applying lather with the paintbrush. Can't help but laugh.

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I need to get to this.

@Dave in KY a shoe polish brush is one I was considering..... I have another idea too, something I've been holding on to.... but I think I may have tossed it out on my last cleaning cycle.

Nice job @NurseDave . Almost grabbed our green one but figured it wouldn't work as well as a paint brush. Looks like I was correct. Dave's ribs are gonna taste like soap now.......

I can't think of what to use here. The basting brush was interesting

Back