The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Strike Gold Shaving Pass Around

dkeester

"TSC's Master of Bourbon"
As most of the Cadre knows I became a fan of Strike Gold Shaving this year when I 3017ed a tub of their "Old Hickory" scented soap. I would like to get more of you to try this product, so I have decided to offer a pass around.

The box (a USPS Priority Mail box) will contain full tubs of 5 different scents from Strike Gold along with some sample containers.
  • When you receive the box please PM the next in line to get their mailing address.
  • You have up to a week to try as many of the scents as you desire.
  • It is preferable that you scoop out a small amount to shave with rather than lather on the puck. (If you do lather on the puck make sure that the top of the soap is clean before sending it on.)
  • Please post your experiences with the soaps in this thread.
  • Once you have tried all the scents that appeal to you, please take samples, using the included containers, of as many of the different scents as you like.
  • When you mail the box to the next in line, PM that person with the Tracking code.
The pass around will start in January, as soon as I have received the product.

*** Copy and paste from here down ***

1. Nurse Dave

The order is in. I should have the products in about a week. Hopefully, we have a bunch more signups by the time it arrives.

Soaps sound Interesting I’m in.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054

I've been VERY curious about there soaps, THANKS @dkeester for this generous pass !!!

Soaps sound Interesting I’m in.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054
4. Dave in KY

This is a soap I have been debating for quite some time! Thanks Doug for this opportunity. If you don't mind, however, I am going to put my name down the list some. Just have some things going on earlier and would rather try these later. Thanks again!

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054
4. Dave in KY
10. dangerousdon

Nice PIF on a soap I been curious about, but not in as some artisan soap maker (that we all know) just released a bunch of new soaps in the last month and so I am still working through them.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054
4. Dave in KY
9. Maryland998
10. dangerousdon

Don beat me to it. Since I am on the list for another pass around. 9th spot will delay me getting this. So my SAD can be kept in check.
Ken

Here are the scent notes of the 5 soaps that I ordered (copied from the descriptions on WCS):
  • Strike Gold Shave Shaving Soap, Teddy - Top notes of wild lavender, lemon blossom, and acai berry are married to mid notes of yellow iris petals, pink peony, and white magnolia. All of this is laid on a dry base of gilded amber, creamy vanilla, soft sandalwood, and cotton musk.
  • Strike Gold Shave Shaving Soap, Kennedy - This complex aroma has top notes of aldehydes, ozonic effect, metallic effect, violet leaf, neroli, cardamom, black pepper, and fresh ginger for a start that will have you imagining sipping your julep on the shore. Then a heart of beeswax, cyclamen, linden blossom, lavender, and leather will evoke the fresh cut flowers in the cut crystal vase by your side. The base of gurgum wood, patchouli, myrrh, cedarwood, tonka bean, oakmoss, white musk, honey effect, old wood effect, vanilla, and amber will seal the deal on the smell of old money and masculinity.
  • Strike Gold Shave Shaving Soap, Old Hickory - Fresh, herbal citrus at the start blends into rose, oakmoss, grapefruit in the middle. It all rests on sandalwood, blonde woods, amber, musk, and tonka.
  • Strike Gold Shave Shaving Soap, Rushmore - Opening notes of balsam, verbena, orange peel with apple and cinnamon give it a bright, fruity start. Then middle notes of evergreen, fir, mistletoe, cranberry, sugar, and myrrh deepen the feeling of standing in a forest, which is further solidified with base notes of pine, sandalwood, balsam fir, and incense.
  • Strike Gold Shave Shaving Soap, Nixon - A sweet and sour blend of lemon (a homage to Nixon's home state of California perhaps) and sugar cane (a spoon full helps the medicine go down, ya know.)
Hopefully everyone can find an appealing fragrance in at least one of these products.

Back