The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Strike Gold Shaving Pass Around

1st use of the Strike Gold soap. The scent of Old Hickory is just kind of uneventful for me. It's nice, just doesn't get me as excited as the others and I didn't get any of the description. Perhaps due to using a sample but nothing stood out o me. The soap base gave a nice shave and seemed to have good slickness including residual slickness, but before I comment on it much, I want to get enough shaves to dial it in.

Here's the scent description :
Top: Fresh, herbal, orange
Middle: Rose, oakmoss, grapefruit
Base: Sandalwood, blonde woods, amber, musk, tonka

Take your time there is no rush.
I just figured I have the Soap Sample Pass around coming any day and Bill will be here today to give him the box in person. Doing a review today of Nixon on video since I have a razor to review also. Will be putting some spoons for taking samples into the box since I have a wood/metal scoop device now. Anyone left can feel free to grab some from the bag.
IMG_20200222_152842344.jpg

Sunday February 23, 2020
2020 Shave # 57 ( 475 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: START Razor 1.3 SB Prototype
Blade: Pol Silver SI (1)
Brush: Sprrentino Sea Foam
Soap: Strike Gold Nixon
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Stirling Ramblin Man
Fragrance: Stirling Ramblin Man EdT

Shaved with Nixon from Strike Gold and had a much better lather today. Was it a better load due to a touch more water or better control from the synthetic brush? Don't know but a great creamy and Slick lather gave me a great shave with the START razor from Home Like Shaving. Looking forward to trying the other scents as well. I did scoop a sample of each as I can pass it on to Bill when I see him today. Saves me shipping and moves it along quicker as timing with the soap sample library pass was altered by some jockeying for positions.

1st shave I went with the SB plate and while a large blade gap I had an amazingly smooth shave. I can't remember much about the 1.18 gap I previously used as I've slept a couple times since that pass around but it was my favorite. This felt good with more efficiency for the strokes. Video has more comments about it so will leave it to that while I get some coffee and cookies........
IMG_20200222_160539653.jpg

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054

4. Smattayu
5. Dave in KY

6. Bill In Oneida (in hand)
7. bobmsp (on board)
8. Maryland998
9. dangerousdon

Need to reorder the list a bit due to some travel plans.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054

4. Smattayu
5. Dave in KY

6. Bill In Oneida (in hand)
7. Maryland998 (on board)
8. dangerousdon
9. bobmsp

I think that I'm going to bow out of the passaround for now out of an abundance of caution. I don't have any particular fear that anyone here has coronavirus and I know that it's soap (which is used to defeat the virus). But discretion is the better part of valor. Thanks @dkeester for organizing!

The current list.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054

4. Smattayu
5. Dave in KY
6. Bill In Oneida

7. Maryland998 (in hand)
8. dangerousdon

Yep I have it now.
Gonna pm don. And get it out to him.
I like 1 a lot. 2 ok. scent wise.
Happy to have been able to get a look at these.
Fluffy

Sorry guys. It looks like I am getting out of this right now also. This has more to do with the wife severely restricting spending as that sea monkey inside her is costing us money already.

The current list.

1. Nurse Dave
2. ShavePastor
3. ED3054

4. Smattayu
5. Dave in KY
6. Bill In Oneida

7. Maryland998 (in hand)

I received my box. I have scooped out a nice sample of all of them. Really a great ideal. They all smell very nice. I will be trying them soon. I just happen to also have the MONSTER soap sample pass around now.
My question is who is the lucky person this gets sent to?
Thanks so much for including me. I now look forward to trying a product I never tried before.Super great ideal.

Back