The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider's AMA: Ask Me Anything

Yeah I was just curious. I mean you could have been for the test range part and not the area 51 part especially since it was your branch of service and whatnot.. I guess we shall just leave it at that....

Or am I?

What position do you think I will be in exactly?
Didn’t I already cover that?
whether he's standing up, or laying down,
And if we need to go into any more depth than that, or this goes beyond a simple exercise in brain games…. Then As I described in my video in regards to the whole underwear question…. I’ve made a long and serious string of bad life decisions…

Say you're old.... without saying you're old.
I'm 60. I graduated from engineering school in the 80s. In those days, it was routine use both English and MKS units. Units conversion was a fundamental skill. The professors threw out strange combinations of units for fun and to challenge us. It helped prepare us for the real world. I had some great professors, and they really invested in us. Afterward, I was blessed to work in the chemical industry for 30+ years, and sure enough, we used a variety of units measurements in industrial settings as well.

I had a HS chemistry teacher that required us to use slide rules exclusively in the classroom. We belly-ached because calculators had already become readily available. Since slide rules only provide results in 3 significant figures, it was up to us to place the decimal point of the answer in the correct position. I wouldn't trade that classroom experience for anything, and it's a shame we don't do it anymore.

And it was fun watching the first lunar landing. I was an awestruck 7-year-old, and it turned me on to a lifelong love of math and science. It's amazing that the scientists, mathematicians, and engineers could accomplish so much with the technology available at the time. To say that they were both highly skilled and talented is an extreme understatement.

Buzz would have rolled with furlongs per fortnight too.

Last edited:
I too remember that day, and seeing Walther ( non-emotion ) Cronkite, as well as Eric Sevareid cry showed the incredible thing that was accomplished

Nice thing about using AutoCad every day is that there's one button to switch from Metric to Imperial. Would be nice to have a button to switch from Imperial to Hogsheads.

Back