The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Spider's AMA: Ask Me Anything

Are you guys gonna see the JANET terminal while you are all in Vegas for the con?
Have you ever been to the Janet terminal ? In case anyone doesn't know Janet stands for" Just another non existent terminal" its where all the people who work at area 51 and the Tonopah Test Range and the other restricted areas go to be shuttled to the bases or whatever...

Are you guys gonna see the JANET terminal while you are all in Vegas for the con?
Have you ever been to the Janet terminal ? In case anyone doesn't know Janet stands for" Just another non existent terminal" its where all the people who work at area 51 and the Tonopah Test Range and the other restricted areas go to be shuttled to the bases or whatever...
One year I went with my wife on a business trip there. Stayed at the Four Seasons that looks right over the private jet terminal. I got curious about the unmarked jets and that how I ended up finding the app so I could listen to ATC. Yep, sure enough. That was them.

One year I went with my wife on a business trip there. Stayed at the Four Seasons that looks right over the private jet terminal. I got curious about the unmarked jets and that how I ended up finding the app so I could listen to ATC. Yep, sure enough. That was them.
cool.

How wet (or dry) should my face be when I put on aftershave? Is there a reason for your answer or does it come down to personal choice?

I see Janet flights every day. The white with a red stripe paint job is unmistakable.

We taxied past one on our way out of Vegas heading to see our daughter in Tennessee and one was landing while we waited to take off. Its not much of a secret here in town.

OK Folks. The AMA for the VLOG is officially over. I'm done making videos here, and not sure when, or what I'll do next. But I did want to address all the questions asked. I'll not shy away from a question.

Why is backing into a parking spot a "thing" for some guys when the time it takes for them to back in is longer than it would take for them to back out? i.e. time saved pulling out forward is wasted during the backing in phase.
I would much rather back into a spot than back out of a spot. Backing out means I have to watch for cars and pedestrians. Backing in, all I have to do is watch my mirrors (or back up cam) and get it evenly between two non moving cars. Much less surprise when backing in. Also, when you back in, you can spend more time of needed because you are at your interim destination and you perceive that time spent a little differently. When you are done and you want to head home, your focus is getting done, and gettign out as soon as possible, so pulling straight out is the fasted way to get home.

Why do mattresses cost so much when they are only fabric and springs?
Why does everything cost so much? Inflation... capitalism.... Man I don't know.... Ask Serta!

Which cadre member other than Amber would you vote most attractive?
Attractive? I'm not attracted to anyone in the Cadre aside from Amber! However, I understand the intent of your question, and I will proceed. I wasn't sure if I should actually answer this or not, but again, I'm not one to shy away from a question.. Now I know better than to say that one female is better looking than another (except for obviously Amber!) But today, @heysi gave me a compliment and said I was handsome (weird, but thanks). So I'll pass the compliment along and say that I think @ShawnF is handsome. (No CT!)

If you had to shave @dangerousdon's back or his legs, which would you choose?
Um...he should goo for the legs...yeah...definitely the legs.
OK, there's different thoughts that go into this decision. Clearly, Don is trying to be nice, and suggesting that I shave his legs, because shaving his back would probably take 10 times as long, and go though several blades in the process. The quandary I'm put in, is if I go that route, whether he's standing up, or laying down, I'm directly under/near the business end of a potentially potent gaseous vapor weapon. I think I'll take my chances with the northern forest.

Are we in danger of robots taking over the world like Maximum Overdrive……….follow on, Which movie had the best soundtrack - the afore mentioned Maximum Overdrive or Repo Man……..follow on to the follow on Is Emilio Estevez the greatest of the Brat Pack?
Maximum Overdrive? I'm not familiar, so I have no idea.
Repo Man? Again, I'm not familiar, so I have no idea.
Greatest of the Brat Pack? In terms of what? I'll answer in terms of who I like watching the most now.... Rob Lowe (Fantastic on Parks & Rec).

Have you ever been to the Janet terminal ?
Are we going to see it during the CON? You'll have to ask our tour director @BarberDave. Not sure if it's a planned stop on the party bus or not.
And like @heysi said, it's not much of a secret around here. You spend enough time down here (which I have... 3-4 trips per year, for the past 18 years), you end up seeing some stuff, lol.

The in flight snacks are good
See, our tour director knows. It's good to have a guy on the inside!

How wet (or dry) should my face be when I put on aftershave? Is there a reason for your answer or does it come down to personal choice?
How much bracing effect (or maybe stinging) do you want? Really, it is personal preference. There are no rules when it comes to aftershave. Some folks don't even use it!
If you dry your face first, the alcohol will hit your face harder than if it's buffered by a little bit of water. I always use WH before my AS splash, so that acts as a little bit of a buffer too.

OK Folks. The AMA for the VLOG is officially over. I'm done making videos here, and not sure when, or what I'll do next. But I did want to address all the questions asked. I'll not shy away from a question.

Are we going to see it during the CON? You'll have to ask our tour director @BarberDave. Not sure if it's a planned stop on the party bus or not.
And like @heysi said, it's not much of a secret around here. You spend enough time down here (which I have... 3-4 trips per year, for the past 18 years), you end up seeing some stuff, lol.
I was also asking have you ever been on one of the planes !! Not asking for details because for security reasons i'm sure you couldn't say much. I was just curious....

I was also asking have you ever been on one of the planes !! Not asking for details because for security reasons i'm sure you couldn't say much. I was just curious....
I’m quite sure that even if I had, I wouldn’t be able to tell you. Seems like the nature of that service definitely falls in the realm of I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you… lol.

Back