The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD SEPTEMBER 6-12 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday AM 2021-09-07
National Neither Snow nor Rain Day
quGmP6o.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Eufros Fougère shaving soap next
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Wilkinson Sword 'New' (5)
Asylum Royal Fougère aftershave

For me this soap makes good but not great lather, and its scent is just a bit too spicy, reminding me of Pen's Hammam Bouquet. I am finding that the H&S handles have a smooth space between the knurling areas that becomes slippery in my hand when it is wet.
LF9xp9q.jpg

Wed 8 SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade JAWS Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice
The soap scent is a little mild but the lather is great...cooling, creamy and slick...
The shave with the razor paired with this blade was perfection! So easy so smooth and so comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. This is definitely one of my top-top de blades. Aftershaves were excellent too.
20210908_093034.jpg

First real taste of fall this morning required a strong fall aroma. Hybrid approach was quick and super smooth.

Razors: L.H. Schenkel Barber Supplies Hytone / Ming Shi 2000s
Blade: Gillette 7 OClock Yellow
Brush: Fine 24mm synth
Soap: CBL Premium Insurgent
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Scent: CK Obsession

20210908_053506.jpg

Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Shaver: RazorRock Hawk V2
Blade: KAI Pink
Preshave: PAA Holliday Cube
Soap: Regiment Reveille scent notes: bay leaf, fir needle, cedar wood, bergamot, and warm tobacco.
Brush: Omega boar
Post shave: PAA alum block, Stirling unscented mentholated witch hazel, Floid Vigoroso aftershave
IMG_202109011.jpg

8 September, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wonderful shave this morning. skipped yesterday so today's was especially nice! My @Dragonsbeard ETHOS Personal Blend skin food in the "Fresco" fragrance blend landed yesterday so, of course I had to use it today. 😁

Outstanding performance and results all the way around. Finished with a spray of Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT. Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / WWBW "Talisman" 26mm Synth / Tatara Masamune SS SB Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom "Fresco" Skin Food Splash / Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT

IMG-7138.jpg

Wednesday 09.08.21 SOTD

h0RESfa.png

Gillette ‘53 Brit Rocket gold wash (Canada)
NOS Wlkinson Sword made in England
Omega 11047 Mixed Midget Badger/Boar
CBL Fusion Dragon’s Pub Shaving Soap
CBL Fusion Dragon’s Blood Shave Tonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back