The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
RazoRock Black Tie CC DE
Feather DE Blade (8)
RazoRock Keyhole Plissoft ,22/57

Triple Milled I Forgot the Name Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
P&G Old Spice Aftershave
This was one of my first RazoRock razors from before they got their own mfg equipment so it was made in India. Still it's an old favorite of mine. It gives a smooth and mild shave for me.
I've been trying to get more shaves out of my blades. I only have 2K+ and with prices going up I'm afraid I might run out when they are unaffordable.

Have a great shave
a1181bf23ef1fd0b401b7cb6ae9b0596.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
@wombadom Yeah it’s neat. Translucent green plastic with embedded silver glitter.
B0B1CFFF-C166-43EC-BCBF-D63E2E7FC84D.jpeg8E58F57C-CBDC-4D46-9F67-C62282D3DCB0.jpeg16FE5661-52E4-4EF0-AFEA-21F147B08036.jpeg
A Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements remake of the Fasan double slant; which PAA calls their Monster Slant Series (apparently different from their PBOCS / Filament). I find it a mild but effective shaver. Plus it is under $20 and it weights next to nothing, so it’s great for travel.

I was going to make a comment about your beautiful colour-coordinated shave photo yesterday. Then you sneak this in with the ole B&W everything matches trick.
thank you so much.:)part of my joy with this hobby is building the set ups and posting pics/improving my camera skills.of course the best part is using the razors and gear.no shelf queens here..;)..or replates..

@wombadom Yeah it’s neat. Translucent green plastic with embedded silver glitter.
View attachment 93323View attachment 93324View attachment 93325
A Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements remake of the Fasan double slant; which PAA calls their Monster Slant Series (apparently different from their PBOCS / Filament). I find it a mild but effective shaver. Plus it is under $20 and it weights next to nothing, so it’s great for travel.
I like it. I have the PAA Bakelite OC Slant.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Tue 13 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
Impeccable soap & matching balm. Nicely scented and capable of a rich creamy slick lather...
Nice razor to remove a 2 day's growth (missed shaving yesterday). Smooth and comfortable edge in 3passes for a ccs-sas finish without any issues...
20220913_100949.jpg

Tue 13 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershave B&M Cheshire Balm
Impeccable soap & matching balm. Nicely scented and capable of a rich creamy slick lather...
Nice razor to remove a 2 day's growth (missed shaving yesterday). Smooth and comfortable edge in 3passes for a ccs-sas finish without any issues...
View attachment 93377
love the soft serve lather..:cool:

13 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wow! A real taste of Fall this morning! Walked out the door to drive to work and was hit with a refreshing 58°! This is "False Fall" of course. This is Alabama after all and it'll be back in the upper 80's by tomorrow. Great shave today! It was one of those shave where everything goes right. Perfect lather. Three passes with no nicks or cuts. Literally no feedback from the alum. Just an all-around wonderful session. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Pineapple Bay Rum" soap, splash and EdP. Hey, it is still summer after all.. Excellent!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "Doppler" Synth / Gillette Fat Handle Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-0111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back