The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 18-24, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
16FBD8BB-0F07-40F0-835A-6AAB858FAE7B.png
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 21, 2021

RAZOR: CV Heljestrand Model 29 (Mug), Gillette New LC
BLADE: Rapira Platinum
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot #005
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Canoe EdT.

21 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Wow! What a great shave this morning. Today was one of those days where the stars aligned and everything went right with the shave. Lather was great, no nicks, cuts or irritation. In fact there was literally no feedback from the alum block. Just a perfect shaving experience!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Barrister's Reserve "Classic" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. 26mm Pro Handle Synth / PAA SS META-4 Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Classic" Aftershave Splash + Skin Food / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-7465.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse, 21mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic

Lather: Pre de Provence Shave Soap

Pre de Provence After Shave Balm

Have a great day everyone
193a9099a596a3583b6097803d09436a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Both face and noggin shave today

1634826359060.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Lather: WSP Neroli
Aftershave: PAA Garden of Bali
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man Wood Neroli EdP

1634826434956.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: RazoRock The Hulk
Lather: Wholly Kaw Pompelmo
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Gypsy Recovery Splash

Fri 22 SR-Kamisori SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 1st Use
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
A good quality soap. The scent is light but the lather is thick, creamy, and very slick...
Received my 1st Kamisori yesterday and today was the inaugural shave. Prior to the shave was worried about the handle...may drop it because of inexperience in both hands. Also worried about shaving with the Ura side...
Hah...the shave itself turns out to be great...the handle was easy for both hands...in fact better for the neck atg pass. The Ura side turns out to be very nice...in fact, I preferred...
All in, it was an absolutely enjoyable shave session with the Kamisori in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result which is not too bad for 1st time.
20211021_204741.jpg20211022_123832.jpg

Fri 22 SR-Kamisori SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori 1st Use
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Aqua Velva Musk
A good quality soap. The scent is light but the lather is thick, creamy, and very slick...
Received my 1st Kamisori yesterday and today was the inaugural shave. Prior to the shave was worried about the handle...may drop it because of inexperience in both hands. Also worried about shaving with the Ura side...
Hah...the shave itself turns out to be great...the handle was easy for both hands...in fact better for the neck atg pass. The Ura side turns out to be very nice...in fact, I preferred...
All in, it was an absolutely enjoyable shave session with the Kamisori in 3passes without any issues for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result which is not too bad for 1st time.
View attachment 64534View attachment 64535
When I read you were getting something new yesterday, I was wondering what it was. Congratulations on your new razor.

Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Blade: Dollar General (3)
Brush: Zenith Boar, 27.5 mm

Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock Shaving Soap

Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel After Shave Lotion

Have a great day everyone
7041b39ee1ebb7fcd08d08cf986f95ec.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.