The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 11-17, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday AM 2021-10-15
World Values Day
auVxfej.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB Copper/H&S Black
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (11)
Ginger's Garden Springtime in Paris aftershave
pErQ2qt.jpg

Today was apple picking with the fam, so I needed to smell fall scrumptious. Smell achieved.

Razor: Curtain and Clark Cutlery Company KCMO
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: CBL Premium Dragon Milk
Splash: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Scent: CK Obsession

20211014_190057.jpg

Awesome Ikon shave, Clint! That’s a razor for the pro only. It puts the “A” in aggressive. I bought an Ikon OC baseplate for my AS-D2, but ended up more than happy with the ori equipment! Enjoy your day, my friend, and try not to stress.

Thank you Jeff. They have two different OC plates. One is super aggressive. This one is a homage to Gillette New Deluxe and shaves very similar to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice setup. I used the IKON B1 SB today. I just bought it along with the CG handle from uptown in a BST last week. Actually made the mistake of buying a head I already had. I've done that before with whole razors, soaps and aftershaves, books, tools, etc...
Sometimes I think I might have some condition

But it's all good

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Thank you. The ikon SB looks like it would be aggressive. I had the ikon Tech and it was a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 October, 2021

Good evening Cadre. Hope you had a wonderful day.

Late post because we drove back from Georgia today. Had a blast while away but it's great to be back home. Didn't shave this morning because I wanted to do it properly this evening. Wonderful three passes with the Henri et Victoria "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" soap and balm. Great results! Practically no feedback from the alum block.

Hope you have a pleasant evening. :)

Henri et Victoria "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Candy Corn" Synth / PAA SS META-4
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Henri et Victoria "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" Aftershave Balm

IMG-7422.jpg

Sat 16 SR SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Excellent lather from the soap. So easy to whip up and it was nicely creamy & slick...perfect for SR...!
Another enjoyable shave in the book! This razor is just excellent! The edge was keen yet smooth and comfortable after putting it through the full pasted balsa progression. 3+passes for a nice bbs/dfs result. Aftershaves were great too.
20211016_125249.jpg

676E1E79-5937-4979-B1B4-0DD13DF07375.jpeg
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 16, 2021

RAZOR: Klas Tornblom 4/8 (Mug), Famex Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: RR Rubberset Replica with Synth Knot
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Chatillon Lux Lavender Toner.

Happy Fall Cadre!

Razor: 6/8 Dubl Duck Wonderedge
Brush: Saponificio Varasino TSC Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique
Balm: Nivea Sensitive/cooling
EdP: Barrister & Mann Fougère Gothique

16A4FAF1-12DC-4666-B092-34BFE0B981E6.jpeg
@novicewetshaver got me thinking about using my Wonderedge and I’m glad he did! Fantastic BBS this morning with my all time favorite fall scent!

Have a great day guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back