The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 11-17, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Very good quality lather from the soap! An aromatic nice mild scent (but growing stronger) with a very creamy and slick lather...
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable. Aftershaves were excellent.
20211011_002018.jpg20211011_132847.jpg

849A0F8F-FBAC-404D-A2CB-CD6986AE71D4.png
SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 11, 2021

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds Rattler Grind 5/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Razor: RazoRock GC .84
Blade: Israeli Personna Plat (1)
Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor, mixed Badger/ Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic

Lather: Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Blend, Amber,
Yesterday's Catie's Bubbles Remnants

Epsilon Amber After Shave

I had some leftover in my bowl from yesterday and purposely left it. The Kell's Amber scent was altered in a most excellent way and the lather was super rich. I did three passes to a very close finish. The Thayer's Peach followed by Epsilon Amber went really well together.

Have a great day everyone

fb3653aac0b6eb883bdec40c756856b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1933 silver Wardonia/Treet Falcon/Khalifa. With this razor and blade pairing I'm promoting the Wardonia to full Amazeballs 5 status. Completely comfortable, single lather BBS, no third party pickups. Truly amazing design, the anti-Wolfman for it's different is better approach to blade clamping.
51aa82a47b5a62b3eaddc6e0c9127b51.jpg

26b972c94eaef7409dfe2c0dafcb88b6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1933 silver Wardonia/Treet Falcon/Khalifa. With this razor and blade pairing I'm promoting the Wardonia to full Amazeballs 5 status. Completely comfortable, single lather BBS, no third party pickups. Truly amazing design, the anti-Wolfman for it's different is better approach to blade clamping.
51aa82a47b5a62b3eaddc6e0c9127b51.jpg

26b972c94eaef7409dfe2c0dafcb88b6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Awesome shave, Jeff! Is that a Bakelite baseplate?

Mon 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Very good quality lather from the soap! An aromatic nice mild scent (but growing stronger) with a very creamy and slick lather...
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable. Aftershaves were excellent.
View attachment 63428View attachment 63429
Lovely Dorko!

Razor: RazoRock GC .84
Blade: Israeli Personna Plat (1)
Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor, mixed Badger/ Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic

Lather: Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Blend, Amber,
Yesterday's Catie's Bubbles Remnants

Epsilon Amber After Shave

I had some leftover in my bowl from yesterday and purposely left it. The Kell's Amber scent was altered in a most excellent way and the lather was super rich. I did three passes to a very close finish. The Thayer's Peach followed by Epsilon Amber went really well together.

Have a great day everyone

fb3653aac0b6eb883bdec40c756856b9.jpg

Great shave kit, Don! Can’t beat a GC! Always a great shave with good technique!

Great shave kit, Don! Can’t beat a GC! Always a great shave with good technique!
Thank you.
I think I have more RazoRock razors than any other brand. I was purchasing them when they were still made in India. They made a great leap forward when they got the facilities to do their own mfg in Canada. That's when their Stainless Steel razors started.

Last edited:
Monday AM 2021-10-11
Book 'Three Blind Mice' published on this date, London, 1609
8xt6y6c.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (original)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (8)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
x2cHHDF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back