The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD October 11-17, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 64019
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 17, 2021

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 666 (Mug), Parker Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.
Beautiful brush!

Very interesting...
Thanks. I was in Dollar General last week though and waiting in line to check out I noticed that their razor blade package had changed. Next time I'm in there I plan to look at it more closely. The ones I have are good and cost is $1 USD for a pack of five.
My Proraso Green and the Witch hazel are getting low but seeing as those are my most used two Aftershave products I already have two replacement bottles for both each. I have the Merkur 34 C and G both. I keep several Proraso products and plan on doing a Proraso Red cream in the tube and the red Sandalwood Aftershave tomorrow (Monday).

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Mon 18 SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Missed using this excellent soap and wow!! The scent is stout and aromatic! The lather is rich creamy and slick...
With the matching aftershave balm...will last the day...niceeee!!!
Missed using this excellent razor too! Paired with a fresh new blade...wow...very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Left with only 6 spare blades...hmmm

20211018_084527.jpg

Love that razor...did you modify a Gillette Red Tip handle, or is someone making those now with a threaded top?
Hey Jason, sorry. I meant to get back to you on this and completely forgot.

No, that is the META-4 razor from Phoenix Shaving..

They also have different colored tips you can use with it.

Hey Jason, sorry. I meant to get back to you on this and completely forgot.

No, that is the META-4 razor from Phoenix Shaving..

They also have different colored tips you can use with it.

Thank you for the information, Mark. Somehow, I've missed PAA making these razors at all...:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back