The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
First flight of my new Blacland Blackbird razor! I have no idea why so many folks are intimidated by this razor. I fond it to be smooth, precise, efficient, quite tame, and most enjoyable,.... even for a 1st ever shave with it. I did 2 passes, both against the grain (yeah, that's how I shave) and finished super smooth with absolutely no issues whatsoever. A gentle touch is all I needed and the 'Bird did the rest almost on auto pilot. No issues with angles or anything.

I am surely gonna LOVE this razor! The weight and balance of the stainless steel is wonderful to me! I will do a more comprehensive review after more flights.

View attachment 111521
Once you have been using a straight or a DE long enough it seems like the learning curve for a new razor is a few strokes as opposed to a few weeks. Nice!

View attachment 111522
Monday 05.22.23
RAZOR: Gillette W4 ‘51 Tech RR Titanium HALO handle
BLADE: Feather
BRUSH: Oumo 11 Pandora 28mm SHD Badger
LATHER: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Shaving Soap
POST: Spearhead Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime Aftershave Toner
Pretty Awesome brush paired with one of my favorite soaps! Cheers!

22 May 2023

IMG_9817.jpeg

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx🇫🇷
Blade: Feather Artist Club Proguard, 18th use🇯🇵
Brush: Simpsons M6 Manchurian Badger🇬🇧
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl🇺🇸
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Evil Cube Soap🇺🇸
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck🇬🇧
Balm: Ethos Bergamotto Skin Food Lotion🇺🇸
Additional Care: Osma Alum 🇫🇷

22 May, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A frightfully frigid, face-freezing foray this "Menthol Monday" morning! Started off with PAA "The Cube" mentholated preshave soap and layered atop that a nice dollop of CO Bigelow shave cream with its nice, minty, eucalyptus blast. Very slick and cushioning lather produced with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune followed by a generous splash of Alt-Innsbruck for a superbly frosty finish and some Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdT. 🥶

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "The Cube" Mentholated Preshave Soap / C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Brush
Tatara Masamune Razor / Polsilver /
Alum / Alt-Innsbruck EdC / Tom Ford Beau de Jour EdT

IMG-2250.jpg

IKON B1 Standard SB Head
Yaqi DLC Classic Brass Handle
Gillette Nacet Blade (1)
PAA Peregrino Brush, 24/55

Los Angeles Shaving Co. Myrkvior Soap

Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel
Grey Flannel After Shave Lotion

A good, clean shave. One WTG and one ATG. The Nacet paired well with the efficient B1 Standard razor and the lemon witch hazel paired well with the Grey Flannel also.
5948383e854f5ee4c419749f5efe1727.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Tuesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: BRW replated Gillette SC
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (D2)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 Limited Edition Badger\Boar
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Moon Soap Union
Balm: Moon Soap Union
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square

Tue 23
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Titan ACRM-2 African Timber Scale
A very good lather and scent from this soap & matching splash.
Today's shave with this razor was so much better. The edge was put through another round of HBA and finished on the full diamond balsa progression again. Smoother and definitely keener in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs result...
20230523_105415.jpg

23 May, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Great shave to begin the day. Went back to @Dragonsbeard / Frank's ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" soap and skin food from his Italia Collection. Excellent lather built with the new Semogue SOC Premium Boar for two passes with the Blackland "Era" razor, and I finished with the matching skin food and AdP Colonia Essenza.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / Blackland Razors "Era"
Gillette Wilkinson Sword /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Skin Food Splash / AdP Colonia "Essenza" EdC

IMG-2255.jpg

Wednesday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Treet Silver Edge Dura Sharp Super Stainless (D1)
Brush: Antiga Barbearia 23mm Boar
Scuttle: Georgetown G12 Opal
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Cream: Moon Amaretto Speciale
Balm: Moon Amaretto Speciale
Aftershave: Moon Amaretto Speciale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back